• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

best monopod for the ar10 SASS?

Elohim1

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 29, 2010
S.W. ohio
I am wanting a monopod. Quality is first priority.

Who makes the best one for the Armalite SASS?

Re: best monopod for the ar10 SASS?

I'll +1 to what all have said above. I have the BT-12 w/ quick knob coming myself. Couldn't find anything else even close in quality or build.

I love mine like a fat kid loves cake.
IMG_4381.jpg

I have the acushot BT12 with quick knob on my OBR's CTR and I am still getting used to it.

At first, I felt not nearly as steady as I could be with a rear bag, but the more I use it the better it gets.

One thing that was never in doubt was the quality of the unit. It just oozes quality, everything about it is sweet.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hydro556</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have the acushot BT12 with quick knob on my OBR's CTR and I am still getting used to it.

At first, I felt not nearly as steady as I could be with a rear bag, but the more I use it the better it gets.

One thing that was never in doubt was the quality of the unit. It just oozes quality, everything about it is sweet.</div></div>

I could never get steady on mine either. My fist works much better and a rear bag better still. I returned the one that I bought. Maybe I didn't give it enough time. I agree that the thing was well made.

The thing that helped me was when I started gripping the monopod itself as I was shooting. Similar to how one grips a rear bag to adjust elevation, but it just stabilizes the thing.

I am getting to the point that I can hold it as still as with a properly adjusted bag.

But I still have the advantage of very precise adjustment, and it stays where you set it. Plus it is permanently attached to the rig with very little size/wt penalty. Really starting to like it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dlxcupid</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Accu-Shot BT12 with quick knob if you've got a PRS stock. Contact Kasey on here for any questions, they offer one of the greatest customer service ever.

http://www.site-secure.biz/accushot/catalog/index.php?cPath=21</div></div>
I like when its a no brainer. Thanks for the contact and thanks for everyones input!

Monopod and my second Atlas bipod are on the way, thanks to the input of the SS members.

What sling do you recommend for the SASS?