• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Best mounts for US Optics scopes?

ZLBubba

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Jan 15, 2009
Maryland
So I love Spuhr mounts and have them on a number of my rifles. However, I found a USO 3.2-17x for a great deal and couldn't pass on it. However, I ordered a Spuhr 30mm, 6mil/20moa mount and the USO has too much bulk (turrets + illum) to fit in the mount.

I need recommendations for a one piece mount with 20moa cant, that has enough space for all the bulk in the USO's turret housing and illum knob. What are you using for your USOs?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like Badger. Not sure about the cant and the particular mount you need, but I use their 0 MOA mounts. Their Recon mount is great for USO's and AR's. Be sure you get the right one because they make a short and a long unimount.

When I was researching a Spuhr mount for a Tangent scope I saw a model recommended for USO's. Might want to dig a bit more on Spuhr's site. Seems like I had to click on a specific mount to see the specific uses for the mount.

So I love Spuhr mounts and have them on a number of my rifles. However, I found a USO 3.2-17x for a great deal and couldn't pass on it. However, I ordered a Spuhr 30mm, 6mil/20moa mount and the USO has too much bulk (turrets + illum) to fit in the mount.

I need recommendations for a one piece mount with 20moa cant, that has enough space for all the bulk in the USO's turret housing and illum knob. What are you using for your USOs?

I googled Spuhr US Optics and came up with this:
https://www.milehighshooting.com/spuhr-sp-4603b-34mm-picatinny-mount-6mil-20-6moa-1-5/

The description mentions the turret housing size. It gives you 3.228 inches from ring to ring. The only 3.2-17 I found specs for on USO's site was 2.06 inches. This may not be your scope though. The 3.2-17 TPal listed on MidwayUSA has a derived turret housing length of 72.4mm (see below pic)which if my math is correct is 2.85 inches.

86b1b6cd6989495ac4f80880e0b0aa89.jpg