• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Best muzzlebrake for a .375CT??

PuMbAaA

Private
Minuteman
Dec 20, 2008
Alice Springs, NT Australia
Hi all,

I'm just wondering what brakes everyone's running on their .375 Cheytacs.... I've shot one with a Lawton brake and it was quite pleasant, but the rifle weighed about 26lbs which would have helped.
I'm most likely gonna have mine a little lighter, and just want a few opinions on what brake would be the best, and also, where you got them
from.
Any info will be greatly appreciated!

Cheers
Cameron

Re: Best muzzlebrake for a .375CT??

Mine will have a Lawton break. My gunsmith has one on his .408 and he says they are amazing. I'll let you know in a few months how it works on a 375, but I bet it will be good.

Re: Best muzzlebrake for a .375CT??

My 375 weighs 15 lbs. plus optics. I have a lawton break and it is pleastant to shoot. I have no trouble spotting my own hits. I have also shot this rifle w/o a break. Its not unbearable; however, I think one should not make it a habit unless you have an extended eye relief scope. If you get slapped in the face everyone will think the wife came home drunk again.