• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Best non bake finish

Alabama556

Sergeant
Minuteman
  • May 15, 2008
    Birmingham, AL
    I have to touch up some bare metal on the bottom of an action from some matching work. I don’t want to cerakote the entire barreled upper again. All the areas will be inside the stock.

The area will be under the magazine box and the top part of the action above the magazine box.

Can anyone recommend a good non bake finish?

Thanks

If you have an airbrush you could use the C-series Cerakote. With the c-series there is no mixing or baking required. For spray can Brownells has a coating called alumahyde. I've heard good reviews on it.

I’ve had good results with durakote using a cheap harbor freight hvlp sprayer. 6 years later no chipping or signs of wear. Prep is key with any of it and you’ll have good results.

I’ve had good results with durakote using a cheap harbor freight hvlp sprayer. 6 years later no chipping or signs of wear. Prep is key with any of it and you’ll have good results.
    image.jpg

Reactions: StaveyIL
    Brownell's alumahyde ll. I've used it with good results. It is durable and comes in aerosol. I did thoroughly prepare the metal first.