• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Best online gun auction site to sell on?

charliejhusn

Private
Minuteman
Nov 20, 2010
Oregon
Was wondering if anyone knew what online auction site would be the best site to get a quick sell on? I have my rifle on gunbroker but it doesn't look like it is going to sell on there and was wondering if anybody had good experiences selling on other online auction sites?

Thanks,
Charlie

Re: Best online gun auction site to sell on?

Gunbroker gets a lot of hits from all variety of shooters. Put your rifle on there with a dollar starting bid on a No Reserve aution and you will get her sold.
This is a tough time of year and economy to try and sell a rifle at top dollar, the market isn't what it was even a year ago.
Good luck on your Sale.
SScott

Hell, you could even make people bid on your rifle on this site!

I don't have enough posts to put something for sale so how could I manage that without breaking rules????

Charlie

Easy, start sifting the site and get your posts up. You only need 85 more. Since your in a hurry and I'm sure your going to continue to use this site for more than selling your rifle, give it a good weekend of posting. Just make it relevant stuff not b.s.

Well I don't think I could get that many in a weekend but I sure as hell will try!

Charlie

you might try auction arms as well. but gunbroker does seem best to me as well

Just get people to keep talking to you on your own topics, such as this one and answer what people say.
but as Snipedogg "Just make it relevant stuff not b.s."

Wow you guys really want to get the OP banned don't you?

OP don't listen to anything you have been told. You have been warned.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: charliejh</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well I don't think I could get that many in a weekend but I sure as hell will try!

Charlie</div></div>

I wouldn't rush it if I were you. Now you're high on the radar and that rarely turns out well.

Ok... I wasn't going to try and rush it anyway. I like this forum alot and don't want to get banned. I've been posting but only when I felt like I needed to. Thanks for the warning though.

Charlie

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DoubleBarrel</div><div class="ubbcode-body">you might try auction arms as well. but gunbroker does seem best to me as well </div></div>

I've been on auction arms before and it didn't seem like they had much on there when I was looking. I think ill just stick with gunbroker, I've already dropped my price and took the reserve off so I guess I will see what happens.

Thanks,
Charlie

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 762frmafr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">if it doesn't sell on gunbroker it is priced to high from my experience. </div></div>

Perfectly said.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rob01</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Wow you guys really want to get the OP banned don't you?

OP don't listen to anything you have been told. You have been warned. </div></div>

LOL, he's in trouble without having done anything! Here's some good advice - just stick around and enjoy the site, you'll pick up a buyer whether it's here or elsewhere.

Try bArfcom, the quantity and quality of the idiots over there is astounding. Their EE is capable of selling manure, so I'm sure it'll sell your rifle.

Don't count on Snipers Hide JUST to sell something. I bought my first bolt gun a couple years ago and started posting here to sell some SSAS parts from a previous project. I quickly got distracted and ended up purchasing a Leupy LR/T from one of the sponsors here. I'm here 99% of the time to read, not to shoot the shit so my post count never went anywhere. A few weeks ago I decided to sell the leupy and needed that magical 100 post count so I got back at it... only to get the "bug" yet again and purchase a new rim fire bolt rifle last week. This hobby is too addicting
frown.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: The_end</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Don't count on Snipers Hide JUST to sell something. I bought my first bolt gun a couple years ago and started posting here to sell some SSAS parts from a previous project. I quickly got distracted and ended up purchasing a Leupy LR/T from one of the sponsors here. I'm here 99% of the time to read, not to shoot the shit so my post count never went anywhere. A few weeks ago I decided to sell the leupy and needed that magical 100 post count so I got back at it... only to get the "bug" yet again and purchase a new rim fire bolt rifle last week. This hobby is too addicting
frown.gif
</div></div>

Ya I'm not here just to sell something. There is alot of good info and extremely experienced people on this site. I definitely agree that this hobby is addicting...I've only been here a short time and I've already seen some rifles and other things that I would love to buy!!!!

Charlie

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: charliejh</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Was wondering if anyone knew what online auction site would be the best site to get a quick sell on? I have my rifle on gunbroker but it doesn't look like it is going to sell on there and was wondering if anybody had good experiences selling on other online auction sites?

Thanks,
Charlie </div></div>

You can try gunsamerica.com I've bought a few items from there and seems like it gets good traffic. Never sold anything on there though I like hoarding lol.

Never sold anything on there though I like hoarding lol. [/quote]

Ha ya I'm usually the same way but I'm out of spendin money and want another rifle. I've been on gunsamerica.com its a good site, kinda forgot about it though, thanks for reminding me!

Charlie

Gunbroker is king. Auctionarms used to be decent... but not in a while IMO.

yep Gunbroker is the best site. Sold quite a few rifles on there, never any problems with the site or buyers.

Try gunsinternational.com It is not an actution site Just a sell out right like Gunsamaerica.com

Both are very big site and lots of people check these two sites out
Good luck

Gunbroker.

Never sold anything there but bought several guns on there.