• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Rifle Scopes Best optic for a Recce Rifle

Phaseshift

Private
Minuteman
May 10, 2012
Looking to build a Recce rifle, not an exact clone but same purpose. I’m looking for an optic but the catch is that it has to come from SportmansGuide since I’ve got a decent credit to my account.

What would you guys recommend out of all those optics provided by SportmansGuide?

I'm an ACOG man myself. TA-31. Simple, rugged, stretches the legs on 5.56mm ball, yet is appropriate for carbine work as well. That link you posted has decent prices on them.

Reactions: RTH1800
I'd be careful using them. They're one of the places that tried to fuck me over BIGTIME a while back. Sent me $400 worth of RUST! I ordered a bunch of Austrian FAL mags. The pictures looked great. What I got was literally a box of rust. Parts had broken off due to it and there was thick, layered flaking rust on all of 'em and chunks of it in the bottom of the box. Springs were rusted in place as were followers. Unbelievable, but somebody packed that and saw how much I was paying and thought it okay. I got my money back, but it took a photo and a credit chargeback, they tried like hell to keep it.

That said.

The recce rifle has no specifications. That's one of the cool things about it. Choice of handguard, optic, stock, grip, etc., all up to you. About the only thing standard as I understand is the Lilja bbl. and whatever milspec receiver set and BCG they use. Common are Acogs, Mk4's like the MR/T's used for Mk12's (which these rifles were intended to replace). S&B's, I even saw one with a big ass 5x25. Handguards were all sorts but the KAC FF tube and PRI tube were most popular I understand. I don't know which can they used or if that was flexible too.

Here's mine, it's got a 2.5-8x Mk4 and I guess you could say it's just one of many clones:

Really does not make sense to ask question then put blinders on the folks who reply.
Why don’t you use the credit for expendables and buy the sight you want?
I like ACOG or NF COMPACT.

Sportsman guide is a place to get some paracord or an ammo can. Great Optic? How can you buy what they don't carry.

Reactions: RTH1800
The military just picked up the Sig Tango 6 1-6's for DMR platforms. The trijicon 1-8 may work nice too. Sportsmans has both.

Reactions: DeftSystems
The military just picked up the Sig Tango 6 1-6's for DMR platforms. The trijicon 1-8 may work nice too. Sportsmans has both.

If there is a way to sort out factory seconds and lemons, just keep in mind this is the guy who was selling Countersnipers as genuine mil surplus that retailed for 13K for the bargain price of only $3,995!

If there is a way to sort out factory seconds and lemons, just keep in mind this is the guy who was selling Countersnipers as genuine mil surplus that retailed for 13K for the bargain price of only $3,995!

No shit? I've never bought anything from there.

money no object, NF ATARC 1-8
less expensive, but still a great optic Razor2 1-6

what is your budget? does it have to come from this vendor?
if you need to buy from them I'd stick to Leupold, Vortex, Steiner, Burris, and maybe Sig Sauer. (I'm just not a big fan of the Trijicon 1-8, though others are)

I'll mirror 021411 with the PST2 1-6. have one, and for half the price of the Razor2 it represents really solid value.

Reactions: Primus
NF 1-8 nx8 or atacr. Or a nf 2.5-10x24/32/42. Or hold off and get a sweet 2.5-20x50 nf this summer or fall.

F sportsman
guide. Bought ammo cans. Photo looked like new. We're spray painted dirty junk.

I have the NXS 1-8. It’s nice. Also being true 1X cancels the needs to run a offset red dot, so that saves weight. Glass is super clear and red dot is Aimpoint bright. Another option I have also is a Vortex PST 2.5-10x32. Small lightweight and good glass, piggyback a red dot and your good. Pick your poison.

Sig tango 6

Viper Gen 2 1x6

Both pretty good optics for a Recce, I run the Gen2 on mine and have no complaints,,,

And you'll have some money for ammo or other accessories to finish the gun off to your liking