• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Best phone mount for spotter

1moaoff

Safe space provider? Nope!!!
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Nov 16, 2008
    cincinnati, ohio
    Finally looking to get a mount for taking pictures through spotting scope.

Mostly on a G2 razor spotter.

Looking for end user feedback

How is the image on that compared to the phone directly on the scope? I saw a wireless powered pan head somewhere. The possibilities for shenanigans would be endless......

How is the image on that compared to the phone directly on the scope? I saw a wireless powered pan head somewhere. The possibilities for shenanigans would be endless......
    not sure i have never used a phone mount but this one what little i did do with it was pretty good but with no neighbors windows to check on how it is with shenanigans i will have to wait for the range

Reactions: GreenMushroom
    I've been happy with Tines Up PhoneCam on my Swarovski spotter. I've never used the Phone Skope but it also receives many positive reviews.

not sure i have never used a phone mount but this one what little i did do with it was pretty good but with no neighbors windows to check on how it is with shenanigans i will have to wait for the range

My neighbors are all the 4 legged kind. Does it have a decent range of adjustment for attaching to different size devices? I've been trying to setup a magnifier/pvs14 digiscope setup. The problem is all my adapters attach to the diopter. This is fine for a tripod as you just attach the phone vertically but as a hand held it flops all over.

I finally got to the range and was able to try
    20210916_001244191_iOS.jpg
    I finally got to the range and was able to try it out worked as advertised and did a surprisingly good job the real time picture was crystal clear the stills where blurry from the shaking from the high wind and it did great videos 69.99 well spent

The SME Spotting camera is different it allows you to have your phone beside you while you shoot you can record video take pictures and it works with its Bullseye targeting app

OP asked for the best mount to take pics/vids through a spotting scope. A Novagrade adapter allows you to do that. Very securely I might add. They're expensive, but so far it's the best one I've had.

Happy you're happy with your SME. With 20 minutes of research on Networking you could use your phone to send the video stream looking through the spotter to a Laptop or another Phone.

OP asked for the best mount to take pics/vids through a spotting scope. A Novagrade adapter allows you to do that. Very securely I might add. They're expensive, but so far it's the best one I've had.

Happy you're happy with your SME. With 20 minutes of research on Networking you could use your phone to send the video stream looking through the spotter to a Laptop or another Phone.
    And as i stated the SME does both without the need for an additional device and less then a hundred bucks and from the video and snaps i have taken from it they turn out good

I haven’t tried anything else, but been happy with PhoneSkope. As long as you get the specific objective adapter for your optic. Tried the universal adapter, it worked but took a whole lot of piddling.