• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns Best place to buy Gen5 g19 complete frame ?

BurtG

GOLDEN TICKET HOLDER
Supporter
Banned !
Minuteman
  • Nov 9, 2022
    Northeast
    Need to find one since pos @KadenB77 never sent me one. Had to harass him to get money refunded. But have the slide now so need the complete lower.

Any better deals than the $250
    I see them for ?

Polymer80 can now legally sell and ship frames, jigs, and kits. And their complete kits are on sale for only $99 right now, including the G19 sized frames.

OP likes nice things and isn't a poor.
    Building your own gun doesn’t make you a poor…Some people just like to build instead of buy, because they can build it how they want it from the beginning.

Plus, the P80 grip and grip angle is exponentially better than a factory Glock, as its more upright, and similar to a 1911. I have several Glocks, but never was a huge fan of the heavy grip angle. I much prefer my 1911’s, H&K’s, and S&W M&P grip angle.

Building your own gun doesn’t make you a poor…Some people just like to build instead of buy, because they can build it how they want it from the beginning.

Plus, the P80 grip and grip angle is exponentially better than a factory Glock, as its more upright, and similar to a 1911. I have several Glocks, but never was a huge fan of the heavy grip angle. I much prefer my 1911’s, H&K’s, and S&W M&P grip angle.

Drilling a couple holes isn't "building", it's hardly assembling.

There are also a shit load of "muh knockoff glock don't work" threads on arfcom, glocktalk, and other forums where it's far less commong to see a "muh glock don't work" thread. Fuck those things. They're for the poors.

grip and grip angle is exponentially better than a factory Glock
    BE52CF58-24CC-4BB0-A997-8BD67878398E.gif

D2E4392A-A4BF-445E-B36A-A46D785E116F.jpeg

Polymer80 can now legally sell and ship frames, jigs, and kits. And their complete kits are on sale for only $99 right now, including the G19 sized frames.

The problem with the Polymer 80 frames (80% or finished and serialized) is that they are designed for Gen 3 slides only. Plus there just isn't enough room to open up the front of the frames to accept a Gen 4 or 5 slide without the accessory rail being too thin and breaking.

@BurtG, Big Tex Ordinance is going to be your best bet for an OEM Gen 5 Glock frame. Another option is the Lone Wolf Timberwolf frames if you don't mind aftermarket.

I have a couple of the Lone Wolf Freedom Wolf frames (80%) and haven't had any issues at all with them. I run a Gen 5 G19MOS slide on one, A Gen 5 Zaffiri Precision Slide on another, and the third is running a spare OEM G44 22lr slide. The Lone Wolf frames are a little smaller in the grip area than a Glock frame. I would say the LWD frames are between a G19 grip and a G48 grip.

Glock frames sometimes go kinda cheap on GunBroker. I'm guessing there were dealers who were breaking down complete guns, selling the slides on eBay to the 80% crowd for what a complete gun goes for, and then basically getting what they can for the leftovers.

If you buy one of these frames and the slide is later recovered at a crime scene, you may get an ATF visit. Not a big deal and shouldn't stop anyone from proceeding down this path - just more of an FYI.