• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

best place to buy reloading supplies in BULK?

Mag 300

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Dec 31, 2006
    Downers Grove Illinois
    I am looking to get approx 3-2K in powder, primers, brass and projectiles . call it stocking up
    Is there a place that will sell in quantity for a discount?

Thanks Bill

Re: best place to buy reloading supplies in BULK?

Good luck, when Wholesales like Jerry's Sports city and Blackhills Shooters Supply are out and have been out for a considerable period of time, all bets are off.

Good luck in your quest.

Jerry

Jerry
    Thank you

Got to feed these damn things and prices continue to go UP so get it now
    Bill

Bill,

You might want to check NFPA code and see if it is adopted by your local fire codes/ordinances. Considering your location, I'm going to go ahead and assume that they adhere to at least the NFPA guidelines if not stricter.

20lbs of powder in original containers
    20-50lbs of powder in a wooden cabinet/container with walls at least 1" thick. No more than 50lbs of powder on premises.
    Primers: no more than 10,000 small arms primers

This is law in most places. It would be applicable to residences, not commercial properties - those have their own set of guidelines. This information can be found in the NFPA code, section 3306

I'm not telling you what you can or can not do in your home or even suggesting I think the law is a good one, just relaying the information so you can make an informed decision about how to proceed given your circumstances.