• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

best place to buy steel targets

DudeBro

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Mar 17, 2019
Northern Virginia
I'm joining a shooting club where I'll have to provide my own targets. What's the best place to buy steel targets, factoring in shipping costs? Any particular characteristics to look for or avoid?

I like this place personally, but do a thread search here and you'll find it's been discussed before.

Ditto the above for shooting targets 7

Also RedStitch

Seth is good people, orders over $200 ship free

I really like the locking target hangers, and have a TON of these targets.

Now if I could just shoot a little better....

I've ordered many different targets from ShootingTargets7. Plate quality and customer service has always been good. Check out their website. They have sales often. Free shipping on orders over $99 and no sales tax for some states.

If you are looking for plates that hang from a bar and swing, they have some AR500 hangers that I really like. You don't have to worry about a bullet breaking a chain or spalling cutting a strap.

Superhangers Bulletproof Target Hangers
Hardbar AR500 Shooting Target Hangers

They also have a few different versions of their Know Your Limits target systems.

My go-to vendor for targets is JC Steel. I’ve purchased dozens of targets and accessories from “Hide” member Jake Vibbert over several years; he offers excellent steel, fast shipping at affordable pricing and outstanding customer service.

My go-to vendor for targets is JC Steel. I’ve purchased dozens of targets and accessories from “Hide” member Jake Vibbert over several years; he offers excellent steel, fast shipping at affordable pricing and outstanding customer service.
Yup, and his workers are part of a therapy program of some sort.