• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Best place to find 10/22 in .22 MAG..?

drakeky

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 26, 2008
Elk Horn, KY
Looking for a 10/22 in .22 mag. It could be stock for now that would be ok or it could be custom too. Anyone have one and how do they shoot?

Re: Best place to find 10/22 in .22 MAG..?

Out of production, if you didn't already know. I would be pretty reserved about buying something like a .22WMR auto. Are there ANY non semi custom ones in production?Ruger quit making them due to problems like OOB discharges, blown cases and fractured bolts. And you want a piece of that action?
Free country.

There are usually some on Gunbroker. They go pretty high though. I never had any problems out of the one I had.

I knew Ruger quit producing them but I was not sure why? I did not know they were having that many problems out of them. I may just go with a bolt gun then in .22 mag.

magnum research makes a pretty solid one and can be found on gunbroker but aren't cheap but they are probably your best bet

if your really interested my local dealer here in ky has a couple of new ones,dont quote me on the price but somewhere around 300

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gunslinger169</div><div class="ubbcode-body">if your really interested my local dealer here in ky has a couple of new ones,dont quote me on the price but somewhere around 300 </div></div>

Are you sure these are in .22mag or the standard .22LR. $300 sounds really cheap for a 10/22 in .22mag.

I think the Magnum Research WMR has the magic "gas assisted" port just in front of the chamber in the fore end. This bleeds off pressure to slow bolt opening so cases won't blow, a frequent problem with .22WMR autos.
AMT handled this with a sort of deliberately pitted chamber to prevent extraction until pressure fell enough for the brass to contract a little.

Even used 10/22 mags usually go for $600-800 at auction, so I suspect Gunslinger's finds are regulat 10/22s.

My father-in-law has one. He got it a couple of years ago but I don't remember what he paid. He hasn't shot it a whole lot but it's run fine so far. He also has a 77/22 Magnum that is a really nice shooting gun.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sjohnny</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My father-in-law has one. He got it a couple of years ago but I don't remember what he paid. He hasn't shot it a whole lot but it's run fine so far. <span style="color: #FF0000">He also has a 77/22 Magnum that is a really nice shooting gun.</span></div></div>

That is what I want...

Me too! He has Magnum and LR in both the 10/22 and 77/22. I've shot both of his 77/22s and they're very nice. I wouldn't mind having either (or both) of them.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sjohnny</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Me too! He has Magnum and LR in both the 10/22 and 77/22. I've shot both of his 77/22s and they're very nice. I wouldn't mind having either (or both) of them. </div></div>

That is what I have started looking at now. The 77/22 Mag. I found a good deal on a black synthetic/stainless one here locally I believe I am going to pick up.