• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Best place to get objective Ukrainian news?

They really hate rob on the fishing forums. He's rich and can be a douche, but oh well.
I don't know who he is beyond anything in general. I've only randomly seen him around the internet here or there. I don't know his full back story. But on this particular subject his channel is doing quite a good job of giving a good ongoing overview of what is taking place.

Furthermore it's not like he's the ONLY place that I would ever look to for information. It's not like that at all, but rather so far his channel is a good source to keep tabs on the general idea of developments in 20 minutes or less (per day, sometimes twice a day). It's not bad at all.

Him being a rich douche bag with a nice bass boat has little bearing on his interpreting of loads of data on the Ukrainian conflict.

I don't know who he is beyond anything in general. I've only randomly seen him around the internet here or there. I don't know his full back story. But on this particular subject his channel is doing quite a good job of giving a good ongoing overview of what is taking place.

Furthermore it's not like he's the ONLY place that I would ever look to for information. It's not like that at all, but rather so far his channel is a good source to keep tabs on the general idea of developments in 20 minutes or less (per day, sometimes twice a day). It's not bad at all.

Him being a rich douche bag with a nice bass boat has little bearing on his interpreting of loads of data on the Ukrainian conflict.
Who are you guys talking about?

The video shows a reporter who has been in the country. A day or so after he filmed and released footage of exchange of fire in a town outside Kiev he was nearly hit by an airstrike and is now trying to get out of country. Or at least what he claims.
Ha. I didn’t even watch the vid. Nothing shows for me. I’m just saying if you want real news you gonna have to work for it and take some risks.
Someone claiming to do exactly what you suggest.

This is an average Joe, Australian citizen that has traveled to and has been documenting the war on the ground.

The fact is, as a layman with a video camera he does bring up several interesting points. First he is observing the exact same thing that others are observing in regards to Russian troops just not being in the game and getting spanked because of it. There are a multitude of factors involved including seriously poor logistics involved.

Those of you that think the 'story' that Russia is getting a spanking being basically false and/or propaganda is not played out by what is actually being observed on the ground. What is being observed is the Ukrainian forces dishing out a heavy blow to those that have showed up...so far.

In his own 'possibilities' Russia could be simply wearing the Ukrainians down with 'cannon fodder', but then just keep on coming and coming. If I put you in a boxing ring, even with a mediocre fighter and you go 10 rounds with the guy, but then about the middle of round 10 another boxer shows up...and he's not nearly as bad as the first guy... you would be at a big disadvantage. And then comes the third opponent and so forth, each getting progressively better.

That is a real possibility for sure. Who knows. But those are the facts of the current situation mixed in with a bit of speculation.

Last edited: