• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Rifle Scopes best place to put vortex diamondback?

murtaughf3

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 4, 2012
Abilene Tx
just curious if you guys can point me in a good direction to get a vortex diamondback scope? i know of swfa? midway usa? most of the sites have them for the same price, but is there any other that might include free shipping? thanks in advance

Re: best place to put vortex diamondback?

Cameraland NY is the largest Vortex dealer in the US.

Ordered a Vortex Viper from Euro Optic last week, that included free shipping.

now i'm confused, lol

orginally i was going with the diamondback 3.5-10 x50 bdc for $250

but saw a crossfire 4-16x50 ao mil-dot iluminated for $120

any suggestions which one would be better, mostly used for hunting?

was also going to grab medium rings, unless low will work

was also thinking if i got the crossfire i could aslo get a boyds stock, and spend less than the diamondback. the crossfire would be way better than the bushnell sparpshooter that came with the rifle. then i would move the crossfire over to a 22 when i get one and upgrade at that point

I had a crossfire and didn't think much of it. I currently have 1 diamondback (3-9) and 2 vipers. The diamondback and vipers are nice for their price and have held up well for me. I would not consider buying anything less than a diamondback.

Gotta say I bought from Jay at Sports Optics and will buy from them again.

The Crossfire is Vortex's budget line made in <span style="text-decoration: underline">CHINA</span>. I believe the Diamondback is made in the Philippines along with the Viper line of scopes. I own a lot of Vortex optics throughout their entire line and only own one Crossfire because it was a sweet deal and works great on my rimfire. I REALLY like Vortex, but you need to recognize that the Crossfire is strictly a budget optic. Stepping up to the Diamondback or better yet the Viper would be money better spent IMO.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> just curious if you guys can point me in a good direction to get a vortex diamondback scope? </div></div>

Well depending on how big of a rush your in and if your ok buying used keep checking the optics for sale section here on the hide. I have a Viper 6.5-20x44 coming on a rifle that should be here tomorrow that Im going to be selling. PM me if you might be interested in that. Otherwise like I said here on the Hide would be a good place to look. Or check some of the Vendors that are here.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bunsen</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Cameraland NY is the largest Vortex dealer in the US. </div></div>I would bet Cabela's,Midway, and even sportsmans warehouse might disagree with you on that.