• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Best places for Can Purchases

blkside

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 21, 2009
Lake Elsinore,Ca
Im going to be moving out of Commiefornia and am interested in looking for a can for my all out build. Who is reputable and also reasonable on prices. I see Surefire mentioned alot, I know one of the instructors at the institute so is that a good source?

Re: Best places for Can Purchases

Depends on the budget.

For thread on Shark is a top choice, for QD then Surefire is a sure bet as well.

I am not going to mention any brands ..... but I will mention this. Buy from a stocking dealer that has the can INSTOCK, in the state that you live in. IF you buy from an out of state dealer then you have to wait for a Form3 transfer to your local dealer and then wait on the Form4 transfer. If its NOT in stock then you have to wait till its instock and there could be delays with the manufacturer, could be delays all over the place.

So the best suggestion that I can give is buy from a local dealer who has what you want instock at the time of purchase. If not then all sorts of delays can be possible and it will only sour your further from the NFA world.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Outsydlooknin75</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am not going to mention any brands ..... but I will mention this. Buy from a stocking dealer that has the can INSTOCK, in the state that you live in. IF you buy from an out of state dealer then you have to wait for a Form3 transfer to your local dealer and then wait on the Form4 transfer. If its NOT in stock then you have to wait till its instock and there could be delays with the manufacturer, could be delays all over the place.

So the best suggestion that I can give is buy from a local dealer who has what you want instock at the time of purchase. If not then all sorts of delays can be possible and it will only sour your further from the NFA world. </div></div>

I made the mistake of breaking these rules and now I waiting for my form 4 to go pending after about 20 months. Believe in those rules or you may end up in my boat.

Yes, very very good advice. Also, a local stocking dealer should do your NFA form 4 paper work as part of the deal (no extra fee). Also, check and they may be setup to put a trust together for you. Ask them to throw it in as part of the deal. You probably will pay more for the suppressor from the local dealer, but in the long run you will save headaches, wait time and maybe save a few bucks in the long run. Also, nothing wrong with supporting the locals in your area. Relationships prove valuable at times. Just make sure the local knows his stuff though. If not, all bets are off.
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 5150Sigy©</div><div class="ubbcode-body">SHARK SUPPRESSORS!!!!!!!!

that's all that needs to be said </div></div>

+1 on SHARK and i, add cust service is supperb

I've had 2 AWC cans. Sold one and decided the other was okay. CS sucks though. Atleast all of my experiences did.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TangoDown</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If you get a Shark give me a shout. I might be able to save you a little $$. </div></div>

=========================

I'd certainly consider a Shark for my next Supressor in 30 cal but the way it is 'today' the cost pushes the Shark out of consideration for me... over the months tips, hints, suggestions and reading all the info I can find here, on Supressor'S, wish I had gotten into arena decades ago......I could hear more HONEY DO'S...
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif