• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Best places to purchase quality rimfire ammo?

Islas82

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Dec 18, 2019
North Las Vegas
About to get started on this rimfire journey. Looking for advice on best places to purchase quality ammo.

Thank you

I probably order the most ammo from targetsportsusa or sgammo, there is a small outfit called steelcityammo out of pa that is a personal favorite, great prices and good people, the only downside is their stock rotates so it’s usually a different mix of what they have available.

Anschutz NA has RWS, we can set you up with a test brick and then you decide what lots you want
All thru this ammo shortage you guys have taken care of me!! I appreciate it and have been loyal ever since. RWS50/100 is not cheap but it’s worth the money in my opinion.

Reactions: deadly0311
Champions Choice is good, Mile High (think there's still a 5% off code for this site), Blue Collar Reloading.

Creedmore will have, but they charge a bit more. Then large stores like to charge 10-15% more than the smaller ones. AmmoSeek.com works some times, but won't always catch these smaller places

Reactions: Islas82
Today I tested cheaper ammo vs spendy ammo and believe it or not the cheaper won. I am shooting a CZ 457 MTR I shot SK rifle match and Norma match and they were close but the SK edged Norma a slight bit then I shot Elley Tenex vs Elley match then just to prove it 15 rounds of Norma on same target see pics the Norma actually out performed them I think. I do have a rifle that shoots the Elley best but not this one.

Attachments

• 20230530_173801.jpg
    20230530_173801.jpg
    372.1 KB · Views: 20
  • 20230530_173814.jpg
    20230530_173814.jpg
    395.1 KB · Views: 24
Reactions: Islas82
Today I tested cheaper ammo vs spendy ammo and believe it or not the cheaper won. I am shooting a CZ 457 MTR I shot SK rifle match and Norma match and they were close but the SK edged Norma a slight bit then I shot Elley Tenex vs Elley match then just to prove it 15 rounds of Norma on same target see pics the Norma actually out performed them I think. I do have a rifle that shoots the Elley best but not this one.
I also shoot a 457. MTR I bought a brick of SK March from bullet central last week but still haven’t tested it. I was shooting Norma Tac-22 (red box) Last couple weeks and am very impressed with the consistency for the price, I payed $4.19 per box. Was getting consistent .3-.4 at 50yds and shot 5 inch plates all the way out to 200yds with consistent impacts, conditions weren’t the best either. If you see any around pick some up and see how it shoots from yours for the price is worth a shot.