• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Best plate carriers and playes combo undrr 1k?

gunjunkie45

Major Hide Member
Minuteman
  • Nov 28, 2009
    Wisconsin
    Can't put it off any longer.. What manufacturers are the real deal? Shooters vest and plates by next Friday?

Next Friday? Good luck. Most plates are on backorder 30-90 days. I like Crye for plate carriers and Hesco for plates. Not cheap though.

Reactions: Snapper314 and KZP
    What level of protection?

For such a short deadline, best bet is to go on ebay or gunbroker and ask for overnight shipping.

Kota Outfitters may have some Hesco level IV single curve in stock. Under $300 for a set. I also like the Crye carrier. Stuff is generally on backorder though.

Trex arms has high end hesco plates in stock. They ship fast too.

Late to the party. ... Carrier and plates for $1000? I want them yesterday. Advise?

Place a WTB Advertisement in the PX with your requirements and timetable.
    Be prepared for paying over retail price as a result of your timetable.
    $1,000 is not going to get you the best of anything, but it is enough to get something functional.

Give them a call (email might be better) and see if they have what you want in your size and pay extra for the next day shipping.

Last edited:
    I know that t-rex arms has some hesco plates in stock. They ship quick and are good quality. They also have good carriers but they are almost never in stock.

Depends on what you’re looking for.

Would recommend a set of light, multicurved lvl 3+ plates over some single curve lvl 4 bricks.

RMA has a multicurve lvl3+ plate that’s very light (downside is it’s 1.2in thick) and velocity systems has a thin 3+ plate (optactical sometimes has them in stock)

Carrier choice is up to you, crye, ferro, velocity, whatever.

Buy the best plates you can afford if you plan to wear them for any length of time.

AceLink sells their NIJ tested plates for not a lot. If you call and ask they will give you a code to reduce it even more. I have two L3+ plates and a L4 plate from them. The L3+ are rated for M855. Most L3 plates are not rated to stop M855.

I am currently running a 5.11 TacTek plate carrier. They don't feel as durable as some of the other carriers I have had but they have a 100% replacement policy if something does happen.

Plates and the carrier should come in under $700 and you some money left over to pimp it out.