• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision Best position to mount a light on a carbine

mdesign

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 2, 2004
Nebraska
I have a suppressed SBR and am trying to decide the best position to mount a light. The light is a TLR-1 HL and when I put it at either the 3 or 9 o'clock position, the suppressor casts a shadow. Putting it at 12 o'clock interferes with my Aimpoint so I am trying to find a way to mount it at 2 or 10 o'clock if possible. My rail is a Noveske NSR.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Thanks....found a keymod mount that will do exactly what I am looking for.

The old lady's hand, but the mount is noisy as hell. I had to wrap mine in duct tape!

you almost have to mount it under the bbl. Down here on the coast, there is always moisture in the air, some nights even more than others. The reflective glow from the barrel/gemtech Halo really washes out any long range or dark night performance. even the reflection off of the moisture in the air really kills clarity/distance. So the more you can do to create a few degrees separation between you/scope and the light, the better your usability will be.

On a particular beater M4 upper that I night hunt with suppressed, I got one of the el cheapo 3 rail sight/gas block clamps. with a picatinny mount on your surefire light, it give plenty of clearance around your can.

good luck,
Breeze

I don't have the light mounted but you can see the cheapo 3 rail mount on the front sight asm.

Last edited:
I have experienced the same problems as Southbreeze. I the end I moved it to the bottom rail. Don't get me wrong, this is not where I wanted it but it is where it works best for me.