• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Best Precision Scope around or under $2,000?

What is the best precision scope around $2,000 for swapping between 6mm arc AR15 and Scar 17?

• NightForce NXS Tactical Scope - 5.5-22x56mm

• Burris Xtreme Tactical 5-25x50 mm

• Vortex Razor HD 5-20x50mm

• HoVR 5-20×50 w/Complete Shooter Package

• SIG SAUER Sierra6BDX 5-30x56mm w/5k Range Finder

• Steiner T5Xi 5-25x56 mm

• Leupold Mark 5HD 5-25x56mm

• Zeiss Conquest V6 5-30x50mm

• EOTech Vudu 5-25x50mm

• Trijicon AccuPower RS-30 4.5-30x56mm

Results are only viewable after voting.

thedarkknight

Private
Minuteman
Apr 7, 2018
Looking at a couple options that can help stretch the legs of a 6mm Arc build and Scar 17. Will most likely mount to a Scalarworks leap mount.

Looking at a couple options that can help stretch the legs of a 6mm Arc build and Scar 17. Will most likely mount to a Scalarworks leap mount.
Aren't scars scope killers? Why the old razor? The gen 2 is sub $2000 used easy. One sight sold them around 1700 new, can't remember where.

Aren't scars scope killers? Why the old razor? The gen 2 is sub $2000 used easy. One sight sold them around 1700 new, can't remember where.
It's mostly dependent on the scope mount. Good glass with a quality mount should stand the recoil impulse. Just in case though is why the sub 2k price point lol

Reactions: akmike47
For around ~$2k it's hard to beat the Leupold MK5HD IMO, especially if you grab a pristine Open Box model at its price :)

PM or call 916-670-1103 for these open box Leupolds :)

Leupold MARK 5HD 7-35x56mm PR2 $1,899.99
Leupold MARK 5HD 5-55x56mm PR2 $1,999.99
Leupold MARK 5HD 3-18x44mm PR1 $1,699.99

Just buy used. If I have $2k to spend on a scope, I'm buying a $3k scope on the PX...

If I HAVE to buy new at $2k, Nightforce NX8, Razor HD II, Leupold MK5, Burris XTR III, Maven RS.4, or Tract Toric in that order of preference.

New to PRS. I really like the stats on paper of the Maven RS.4. Wouldn't the shorter length easier around obstacles/holes/barricades? Balance easier on the chassis? Anyone have real competition time behind this scope?

New to PRS. I really like the stats on paper of the Maven RS.4. Wouldn't the shorter length easier around obstacles/holes/barricades? Balance easier on the chassis? Anyone have real competition time behind this scope?
I used one for one match, and the reticle didn't fit my personal preferences so I moved it for something else.
In practice, the short scope yielded me no real advantages. I've been running a looooooooooooong USO FDN 25x for the last year and don't recall anything being difficult due to the scope's length.

RS.4 is a great scope though. The reticle is pretty thick, perfect for 10-20x use, which is what most people run anyways. Turret reset is the same design as the new Element Theos - completely tooless. Turrets were "mild". Parallax knob was a little stiffish compared with optics in the $3k range, but about the same as anything from LOW. I ran mine with a sunshade, particularly for looks.

Looks great on a compact rifle.

mavenrs.4.1.jpg

Your Burris option is old but still a good choice. Check out the XTR Pro.