• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Best price on AR15 tools?

9H_Cracka

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 15, 2005
WAY off base (COS CO)
Hello - I need to put together a complete AR15 armorer kit. Yes I know Brownells has all the goods as does Sinclair. Is there a place to get a better price on the quality tools? I saw some receiver blocks at Camp Perry this year from another maker that seemed cheap so I passed.

Thanks!

Re: Best price on AR15 tools?

Did you try PK Firearms or Del-Ton ?
Prices looks pretty much the same as everywhere (modulo some minor differences) though.

I use a Bushmaster receiver block, and a DPMS wrench, roll pin punches are SnapOn, I have never needed anything else.

I got a Model-1 receiver block from Midway that has held up for several years now. Wrenches on the other hand seems like I have to get a new one every other year no matter who makes it.

M&A has the cheapest reciever blocksand are pretty good quality,But if you are only doing flat tops two chunks of 1X wood are a lot cheaper and work every bit as good if not better.The dmps multi tool is probably the best tool for the money.

browells is where i go. sometimes they have a discount code promo going on i havent seen it yet this year thoug.

I get almost all my gunsmith tools thru Brownells with the exception of when Midway has the same brand tool cheaper. If you want it for occasional use go with something cheaper from Midway, hard to beat their prices. I'm not a professional gunsmith but I do a lot of AR work for myself and friends so I wanted something of a bit better quality.