• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Best QD/cantilever mount for bolt gun? w/35mm rings

Six Feet Under

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 19, 2010
Midwest Ohio
All,
I am going to be running a vortex razor on two different rifles. Both are remington 700's. I would like to just have one optic, know my zero for both rifles and run a QD.. Can you guys point me in the right direction for a good one? I called PRI about their gator grip but they do not make 35mm rings.. I see larue has some that look pretty nice.. Can you all help? Like I said I need 35mm rings. I will know the height for sure tomorrow when the scope arrives. Thanks
SFU

GDI, Spuhr, Bobro, AAD, and American Defense.

GSf0NH.jpg

GDI, Spuhr, Bobro, AAD, and American Defense.

GSf0NH.jpg

I don't think Spuhr makes any QD mounts, I have also yet to see a Bobro in 35mm - just the 34mm... If you know different I'd like to hear about it.

I didn't know larue was has crappy mounts. I have never personally ran any or a QD at all.. I was just looking and seen they had some for 35mm

I mean I don't know crap about QD stuff.. I mean at all.. Have not done any homework at all or talked to anyone who is running one..

Spuhr doesn't make any 35mm QD mounts and frankly, options are gonna be pretty limited for a 35mm QD mount. The list I provided is of tried and true manufacturers. Whether or not they will have what the OP is looking for is another matter. Best of luck, Six Feet Under, I was only giving you shit. ;)

Check out the Larue LT745. It's 1.5" high and you can choose 0, 10 or 20 MOA built in.

In my experience, Larue mounts are probably good enough for Aimpoint optics on a carbine but they are not good enough for a precision rifle. I have one of the LT-101 Picatinny Risers on one of my carbines with a Leupold 3.5-10 LR-M3 in Badger rings and it's return to zero is around +/- 3/4 MOA, which in my book isn't good enough for a precision rifle. My Aimpoint mounts are probably around the same for return to zero

And I'm sure his supporting Larue has nothing to do with the fact that he's sponsored by Larue, huh?

I know right. Its almost sad how stupid and naive most of the shooting community is. Half of these guys out there got less experince than a 0311 Lance Corp or 11B E3 after a deployment or two. Costa is a great example, loads of bullshit with no pedegree to back it up. But the kids eat this shit up and think its the word of god.

Larue is overpriced, obsolete gear. Its touted by gear queers and the myth of texas. Do I run some larue prodcuts? Yes, but thats beacuse I have either owned them for years or there is no better choices on the market (niche items)

To the OP:

You need to evaluate if you really want QD. You are doing those optics and your a rifle a diservice by using QD mounts. Unless you like shotgun patterns, get a dedicated mount. You are going to have to rezero each time anyway, so you have two real options.

A. Get a good set of torque wrenches and swap gear between the rifles.
B (recomended) Sell or buy two lesser quality scopes and run dedicated rigs.