• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Best QD mount for R700-type rifle

Warpspeed

Hopper King
Minuteman
Aug 27, 2006
SoCal
dramworx.com
Is there a preferred or best QD ( or non-QD for that matter) that keeps its zero when removed and replaced on a bolt rilfe ?

I have a couple of the LaRue ones I use on AR-type rifles. Are they GTG on a bolt gun or is there something better ?

Dead Air KeyMo & Dead Air XENO are both great options. I think XENO would be best for a bolt action, because it's lighter and left-handed threads to keep your can screwed on while shooting.

The best QD mount is no QD mount. There's a lot that are fine for minute of man on carbines but not a single one that can honestly call itself a precision rifle mount.

If you want return to zero then a quality one piece mount torqued consistently every time is as good as it gets.

The best QD mount is no QD mount. There's a lot that are fine for minute of man on carbines but not a single one that can honestly call itself a precision rifle mount.

If you want return to zero then a quality one piece mount torqued consistently every time is as good as it gets.

That's the answer. The one above from MPA works as does this one.

I would ask why you think you need QD. It was all the rage 10 years ago, but simple bolt tightening is not so hard, and you save $100. So, if you don't need QD, might you be well served by rings?

Fact is, there are a lot of excellent ring and mount manufacturers in 2022. Much has evolved in 10 years. I can say great things for a bolt gun with Badger, Nightforce, Audere, Spuhr, American Rifle Co. 10 years ago, LaRue was tops in QD. They still are pretty good, but I think the direct attach models have gotten better.

Get a scope coat if worried about safe bangs but for my precision rifles QD is never used.

Reactions: Warpspeed