• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Best quad rail that covers rifle length gas block

renegadeGDI

Private
Minuteman
Oct 30, 2022
New Smyrna Beach, FL
I am putting together a parts list for an 18" rifle length precision ar-15 build and I am really stumped on trying to find a good quad rail that is long enough to cover the gas block... I think the only thing that comes close or may fit the bill is LaRue... Anything else out there?

I put a Strike Industries GridLock on my 18 inch gun with rifle gas. It seems fairly solid to me so far. I have shot out to 600 with the setup.

I think the only thing that comes close or may fit the bill is LaRue...

Larue's longest quad-rail is their 13.2" version. It doesn't cover a full-length gas block, but comes close for a ~1" gas block.

noveske-20-inch-dmr-typ-002.jpg

Reactions: LRRPF52
Daniel Defense 15.0 DDM4 rail

That's definitely an option but it drives me nuts that they don't offer the ris ii in a 14-15" length... That would have been my first choice.

As far as I’m concerned the MK18 Geissele rail is the best there is for a precision build. They’re usually out of stock and hard to come by but there’s one listed for a good deal currently.

What size journal at the gas port?
I have a few heavy/long barrels that have a 0.936" gas port and an adjustable gas blocks won't fit under the rail.

As far as I’m concerned the MK18 Geissele rail is the best there is for a precision build. They’re usually out of stock and hard to come by but there’s one listed for a good deal currently.

Good reminder, I looked at that one a while back, I don't own any ARCA stuff so it wasn't that appealing at the time, but I do see the appeal to having a flat bottom... I bet it would be a lot more stable on a front bag.

Good reminder, I looked at that one a while back, I don't own any ARCA stuff so it wasn't that appealing at the time, but I do see the appeal to having a flat bottom... I bet it would be a lot more stable on a front bag.

There’s nothing more stable on a bag than a flat bottom. If you want more stable you put a grey ops plate on the arca rail. It’s beneficial even if you don’t use it to mount it to a tripod or bipod.