• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Best Quick Release Rings?

Ackley Improved

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 31, 2006
AUSTRALIA
Firstly, is there anything as "the best quick release rings", or should I just not worry about them?

This is the reason. Will have a Surgeon actioned 6.5X47L soon that will wear a 6-24 Zeiss, but I am going to run it in F Class as well. I would like to run a 12-42 Nightforce for when I shoot F Class.

The idea, one rifle two scopes.... would like a quick way to change out scopes.

Other option, a torque wrench and conventional rings....

Cheers

Re: Best Quick Release Rings?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ackley Improved</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

</div></div>

What I would recommend for a precision rifle.

I have DPMS 308 with the quick rings on one scope and the spr 1.5 on the other and they return to zero everytime.
You can't go wrong with LARUE

I have ARMS on mine and love them.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rob01</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ackley Improved</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

</div></div>

What I would recommend for a precision rifle. </div></div>

+1 for that option

option 2 LaRue rings hands down

I really like ARMS. I went with the QD mount and fixed rings. I like the Larue also.

The best setup is a one piece mount from LaRue. ARMS are not as good for two reason's, 1: they have this little metal plate that flops around and can be a pain when your trying to mount it in a hurry. 2: they are not adj. like the LaRue, so depending on the rail it may fit tight or it may fit loose. You can fix that with LaRue. Another choice, although not "tactical", is Tally. A buddy of mine has a set on a hunting rifle and they always go back to zero. However they have their own mount.