• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Best rear bag for prone comp

Andrew863

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 21, 2018
Russellville KY
So last year I shot this prone comp that goes out to a mile on one stage and has 2 positional stages. I bought a original game changer and loved it for the positional and as a rear bag it holds my gun super steady for groups and long range. My only gripe is it is a little wide for a rear bag. Been looking into the schmedium or a weibad mini fortune cookie. Just wonder which u think will be the best or should I get something completely different. I have about a month before this comp so I need to get something ordered asap.

I've had a lot of success this past year using my pump pillow as a rear bag while shooting prone. I kind of wedge it into/under my armpit, and use it to support my shoulder, head, and buttstock all at once. It sounds awkward and definitely not the first thing people would think of as a rear bag, but there's no other way I'd shoot prone if given the choice now.

Sorry if I've misunderstood the question; if you're looking for a single bag that would double duty as a positional bag as well as a rear support, I'd probably suggest others.. but as a rear support specific bag its got my vote.

Take a look at the Triad tapered rear bag (small size)if you are looking for a rear bag to go along with your GC to use positional.

Bought them all, have a shelf full of bags "that looks like it will work" to prove it. Waxed canvas material is the way to go, schmedium size is the way to go.
I to have several most cheap bags that they fill way to much. The game changer made me see that there is something to what I always called " over priced bags" lol. It's just a little to wide for what I use it for. I think the schmedium will perfect. I don't like to carry alot of bags so I'm hoping this can be the one and only.

Reactions: patriotnation
I to have several most cheap bags that they fill way to much. The game changer made me see that there is something to what I always called " over priced bags" lol. It's just a little to wide for what I use it for. I think the schmedium will perfect. I don't like to carry alot of bags so I'm hoping this can be the one and only.
Oh, BTW heavy fill is the way to go also. Yes, it's a 8# brick to carry but the lite fill plastic beads suck (in any manufacturers bag) they will not set and stay in any position.

+1 on Precision Underground.

I bought a couple to work out what size worked for me; others at a precision shooting course tested them and immediately wanted to get one too.

Frank and I are putting these through hard use with students. It's the one mentioned in the recent podcast.
Drop me an email : [email protected].
--Taylor

Attachments

• RearBag - Info.pdf
    2.3 MB · Views: 200
Reactions: ma smith