• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Best Rifle Case For A Precision Rifle

Is anyone using the Magpul DAKA grid organizer instead of foam? I have a different rifle shape now so need to redo the foam and was wondering how the DAKA system was working for people. Seems like it could be cheaper in the long run, if it works.

Reactions: CK1.0
Is anyone using the Magpul DAKA grid organizer instead of foam? I have a different rifle shape now so need to redo the foam and was wondering how the DAKA system was working for people. Seems like it could be cheaper in the long run, if it works.

I'm curious about the DAKA stuff also..? That said, it's a little pricey and my semi-OCD would probably mean buying an extra $100+ in block thingys to make the case look better... might be cheaper/easier/better to just buy and cut new foam lol.

For a do-it-all rifle case, I like the Eberlestock Sidewinder* and a Pelican V800 Vault. The Sidewinder is good for 97% of the time for back and forth to the range (and/or hotel), etc... throw the rifle/Sidewinder in a V800 for pickup truck beds and/or airplanes (the rest of the time the V800 sits in a closet or garage because it's huge). Not too expensive either, for both cases it was ~$300 or so IIRC.

*The Sidewinder will work for most PRS/NRL style rigs, but could use being a couple inches taller/wider in the middle than it is IMO, most Manners/Foundation rigs will fit if you're not running a red dot on an LRF rail, but some chassis' with vertical grips and/or dots on top might not make it. If the Sidewinder won't fit I can recommend this: https://www.bulldogcases.com/product/bulldog-tactical-54-long-range-rifle-case/

Last edited:
Reactions: AllenOne1
A fellow Lock Picking Lawyer follower I see 😘

Among others....

I happen to have a few sets of lockpicks, and have been practicing the bypasses for awhile. It is crazy easy on so many master locks I can't believe I ever spent money on them.

Reactions: TheOE800