• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Best rifle cradle for a Bogen tripod.

Muskox

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 10, 2011
Sucky Kentucky
I have had a Bogen tripod for about 10 years it's freaking awesome. Ball head and all. What is the best rifle cradle/vice for shooting off the Bogen?

I like the fact that you can leave your rifle clamped in. Very useful when setting up your chronograph when you don't have a bench.

I've also seen some very good shooters using the PRS cradle.

Attachments

• Picture 707.jpg
    Picture 707.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 24
If you have pic rails on your guns you can also go with a pic rail set up.It too is less money for the pic mount than the hog. In fact, you can get a PRS cradle and the pic rail mount both and spend less than the hog.

2pphkrr.jpg

2lu2wif.jpg

Last edited:
We have the HogSaddle in stock right now. Both the Black pad & Tan pad versions are available. Can have one heading your way tomorrow...

Great, proven piece of gear.

We have the HogSaddle in stock right now. Both the Black pad & Tan pad versions are available. Can have one heading your way tomorrow...

Great, proven piece of gear.

I purchased my Hog Saddle from Ceylon - he's good to go in my book. Purchase with confidence.

Papa zero, who makes that pic rail setup? I like it!

Alamo four Star makes the mount but good luck ordering it from them direct, it's out of stock and they won't even speculate when they will run another batch. I got mine from CCCtactical, it was $79, they have it in stock. A few other dealers might have it in stock, you have to call around. It's well built, it'll fit a Manfrotto, it has a threaded base so you can screw it on direct to the tripod or attach a different tripod plate to fit your tripod. Depending on which gun I am running, I switch between the pic rail for the KRG and the PRS for the AICS, all on the SLIK tripod. The PRS cradle with pictured tripod and the Alamo 4 star pic rail combined will run about $240 total, weighs very little and will fit inside of or alongside most 3 day assault packs.