• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Best rifle data book.

Lrdchaos

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 19, 2011
Oklahoma
I'm getting ready to have 2 new rifles completed and I'm looking for a log book. Which book do you all recommend? I'm looking for something small enough to fit in a stock pack if possible.

Just got a Storm Pocket book. Its a great tool and a great company!

Impact is also very good! Cant go wrong with either.

Why Impact Data Books of course! ;) Tony has done a ton of work on his products and what he offers and is always there to help out a customer with questions. His modular data book helped a lot of shooters get the pages they need and now pages they don't. Also his pocket books were the first on the market and also available as a modular. He also offers round count books, suppressor logs and maintenance logs. Look at the site and see all that is offered. Impact Data Books, Inc. - Modular, Premade, Custom Data/Log Books!

Any of the guys that advertize their books on the Hide will likely work for you.

I just happened to choose Imapct probably because they were the frst I checked out nd had exactly what I was looking for in targt pages. I bought the full size rather than the pocket. Thought one book would be all I need but because rifles keep sneaking into my safe I find Im now on my second book.

If you choose Impact look in the Equipment section for their monthly discount code and use accordingly.

IMPACT DATA BOOK. Only one I use. Use it for 3 gun and the few long range matches I have shot. they are easy to use and very affordable.

http://www.riteintherain.com/inventoryD.asp?item_no=135&CatId={1E67A925-857C-4B13-97D3-115AFFF54596}

keep it simple, you can make your own zero summary, round count pages and write in all else.

Another +1 for Impact Data Books. You can build your book with only the pages that you need and use. Great quality and great people.

Danny

I got ahold of one of the Magpul data books, and although it has some nice features, it's sort of a cookie-cutter book and hasn't been as useful as a modular book would be. I'm going to keep the parts I like then switch out the guts of it with pages that I actually need instead of trying to make the book work for me. IMPACT seems to offer a fairly substantial selection of pages so I can select what's right for ME.

+1 for the Impact Data Books. Get the pre-made one, it will start you out right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why Impact Data Books of course! ;) Tony has done a ton of work on his products and what he offers and is always there to help out a customer with questions. His modular data book helped a lot of shooters get the pages they need and now pages they don't. Also his pocket books were the first on the market and also available as a modular. He also offers round count books, suppressor logs and maintenance logs. Look at the site and see all that is offered. Impact Data Books, Inc. - Modular, Premade, Custom Data/Log Books!

I don't understand what those custom pages are. I suppose if there was an image gallery people would print their own pages.

I don't understand what those custom pages are. I suppose if there was an image gallery people would print their own pages.

The custom pages allow you to buy the pages you want for the targets you are shooting. Not everyone is shooting circles or squares so Impact allows the shooters to buy the pages they need. Go to their site and look as they have pictures of the pages in there.

There are image pages and I have seen them on ranges printed out by someone off the internet.

They are recognizable by the "Imapct Data Books" water mark diagonal across the page. Thing is doing this you get crapppy paper and you have to cut them up, punch them and use the ink from your wifes printer.

The pages are so reasonably priced Id rather just give the money to a guy with a good business, thinking up good ideas and save my time and effort. Why steal the guys intellectual property?

Now I say reasonably priced and that may be the case for me but a luxury for another. Whether you buy a nice fancy data book, a nice Rite-N-The Rain notebook or use your kids nice leftover school notebook collecting the data will be to your benefit.

I have 3 Impact data books but I use pages from both Impact and Storm Tactical. I prefer the reticle pages fromStorm Tactical a little better. Both are well made books and both offer a variety of pages and book options.

Talked to the owner of impact tactical. He set me straight on what I needed for my situation and I will be ordering the book tonight. Thanks for the help!

I have a data book for every rifle I own.
I like the ones for IMpact and storm the most but Brought ny US tactical along with my new build with me on the road. One reason is that its a 308 and will have a few different loads and a subsonic load that I wanted different drop chart pages on it.

If you want a really simple but great one for most anything then go to badlands tactical and order one of theirs. You can plot more shots in it than any other one and all the junk pages youll never need are removed from it and its just what many people will need.

Good luck and remember to be honest with yourself on it or its almost useless.

I have a Storm tactical book, good info and contents but I have since gone to a smaller rite in the rain book for 2 rifles, here is why:
I didn't know what I was doing or I would have ordered the book with blank target pages, when you shoot different targets/target shapes my ocd wants the pages to correspond. Now I draw the target on my rite in the rain book and write in all my info.

With my Storm book things wouldn't be chronological- I might shoot a diamond course today and put that info on the page with diamond targets, then tomorrow shoot gong shapes with info on a different page. My cold bore was in a different place, round count in a different place etc. Now my book is chronological, with all info on each page.

The books you buy have excellent info in them. I wrote in my rite in the rain book my retical info, wind and angle formulas etc so I have that too.

Had I known better up front I could have bought a data book that better fit my needs.

I have 2 of the pocket sized Impact databooks. Perfect for my needs and Impact provides great customer service.

Ordered the book Tuesday night, arrived today! Excellent customer service, would recommend Impact Data Books to anyone!