• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Best rings revisited

Wireman

Private
Minuteman
Dec 17, 2005
Home
Removed my USO SN-3 in Seekins rings on Seekins bases to road test the MK4 with the Holland reticle. Been off about a month. Removed the MK4 and re-installed the USO. Check zero at 100 yds, same as before. NO adjustment needed. Glen claims not all rings can do this. YMMV.

Rory

Re: Best rings revisited

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Wireman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Removed my USO SN-3 in Seekins rings on Seekins bases to road test the MK4 with the Holland reticle. Been off about a month. Removed the MK4 and re-installed the USO. Check zero at 100 yds, same as before. NO adjustment needed. <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="color: #FF0000">Glen claims not all rings can do this</span></span>. YMMV.

Rory </div></div>
Near Mfg. rings and mounts will.

Fortunately, we have plenty of great choices in quality rings:

Seekins
Badger
Nightforce
TPS

I have each of these and find the quality to be outstanding for all. The TPS are about 1/2 the price of the others.

With my limited experience, I consider Vortex 35mm rings of high quality - on par with the four listed above.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mouse07410</div><div class="ubbcode-body">With my limited experience, I consider Vortex 35mm rings of high quality - on par with the four listed above. </div></div>

Seekins makes those
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: deadly0311</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Seekins makes those
wink.gif
</div></div>
<blushing> Thank you for straightening me out!
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Magnumdood</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Wireman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Removed my USO SN-3 in Seekins rings on Seekins bases to road test the MK4 with the Holland reticle. Been off about a month. Removed the MK4 and re-installed the USO. Check zero at 100 yds, same as before. NO adjustment needed. <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="color: #FF0000">Glen claims not all rings can do this</span></span>. YMMV.

Rory </div></div>
Near Mfg. rings and mounts will.</div></div>

Damn right they will. Hands down, the alphamount is THE BEST mounting system available. The unit weighs less than a pair of steel rings and is strong as balls. I have never seen a zero maintained so well with any other rings.