• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Best sandblaster

PCR

Sergeant
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Oct 28, 2006
tempe, az
I've been looking at sandblasting equipment for barreled actions/gun parts and like the one in the link below. Maybe overkill, but very spacious and my compressor will handle it with no problem. For $1100, it comes complete, ready to use.

Any suggestions on a less expensive unit that will handle the job?

TP 960 Pro sandblaster

Re: Best sandblaster

I don't know about less expensive, but I just bought a New, Bad Boy Blaster 1000XLD for the shop and I love it. It's big enough to even do .408's and .50 barrels. It has a center mounted gun, a right side mounted gun, and a blow off gun on the left side. It also loads from the top, and both sides. I hope this helps.

Bad Boy Blasters Inc.

I purchased my blaster from TP Tools out of Ohio also, Great piece of equipment and Awesome customer service. I would purchase from them again if needed.

One word of caution, make sure you have plenty of air (cfm's) to run you cabinet and use the plumbing diagram that TP has available and you will be G2G.

I have had two Bad Boy blaster 1000XLD's for the last 2.5 years and they have worked excellent. Very good people to work with and excellent customer support if you need it.

Brad,

That looks pretty nice.
After the POS cabinet we had at school I suppose anything is better.
smirk.gif

I have come to like the front opening on mine particularly since I needed to place it close to a wall on the right hand side.
It just seems more convenient to me than the side door we had a school.

I bought the TP 960 Pro yesterday. Should be here in a week.

I have been sandblasting for 20 years now. most of it artistic, but have also done utility blasting. TP tools make fantastic products. Love there blasters. would have bought one of there, but circumstances allowed me to build my own for a fraction of the price....but I did buy pieces parts from TP.

My other recommendation, and I spotted them on the bad boys site. a pressure pot. in my opinion, one of the best investments next to a quality cabinet. lets you do more with less. you will not need the CFM to do the same job. it is more efficient in air consumption and in my opinion, it is faster also. I can do everything I need with between 5 and 60 or so PSI. I do not need to run the high pressures of a siphon system. I high suggest looking into it.

I have a Trinco cabinet and I love it. FYI, we do duracoating and use a large electric smoker for our curing oven. Just took out all the extra parts for the smoker and filled the holes.

As other people mentioned, we went the route of spending a bit more to get something that fit our needs, which ended up being the Raptor Blaster 4836. We've had our bead blaster for about a year, and it works great!

Raptor Blaster 4836 Blast Cabinet