• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Best Savage SA chassis for the money?

Best Savage SA chassis for the money?

• MDT XRS

• XLR Element

• KRG Alpha

• Magpull Hunter

• Oryx

• TRYBE Defense R.O.C.S.

Results are only viewable after voting.

GlockandRoll

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 25, 2008
Austin, TX
Have an old Salvalg 110 tactical with an 18" BBL and want AICS compatible mags that is an absolute tac driver that needs a new chassis.
A folding option would be nice.
Thanks in advance.

Is it a short or long action? The old 110's were long actions. I always thought the Orxy Chassis is the best value but it doesn't have a folding option.

Reactions: 6.5SH
That folding option is the only thing I wish my Oryx had. Otherwise, for the money it’s a solid option.
D1365DAD-F44F-49A2-92DD-855D98E4C6D4.jpeg

Yep, 3 different action screw spacings and different magazine cutouts involved. Depending what you have there may not be a compatible chassis.

I had an old savage short action with a Lothar Walther barrel that I wasn't shooting. I bought an oryx chassis for it and gave it to my son for Christmas. I was very impressed with the Oryx and though their solution to the different screw spacing genius.
If I was budget limited, the oryx would be my first stop for any of the actions they inlet for.

Reactions: GlockandRoll
There was an Ashbury Precision Ordinance chassis in the PX a while back I thought.
My APO Savage .308 has been great and very accurate. Trigger is the worst part.

Reactions: GlockandRoll
What’s the solution? A long slot or a bunch of different holes?
A slot, not really all that long with an offset washer (for lack of a better term) it is very well made. Only one required as the tang screw placement wasn't changed.
The washer has a hole for the screw to pass through, you just flip it around depending on the spacing. The washer sits flush in the slot so the screw bottoms against a flat surface

Reactions: spife7980
I voted MDT 'cause I'm running my Savage 10 in an LSS-XL Gen2 and its fabulous. But I used an XLR buttstock and it's fit and finish and functionality is fabulous as well.

All of the stuff in the poll is awesome. Best is subjective as already stated.

VooDoo

There's a company- Trybe Defense- that manufactures different types of gun parts (mostly AR), and has a chassis for under $300...
Sold only through Optics Planet; reviews are positive but wondering if anyone here has handled their chassis?

And it's on sale right now for $280 with free shipping. I'm certainly going to watch some reviews on this one, thanks!

I’ve used several on mine. Mcree, XLR, MDT, Ashbury. I also have a XLR evolution carbon on my R700

Favorite is the MDT ESS. I didn’t really care for my Ashbury chassis (takeoff from the APO model from savage). Had some play in the folding hinge when extended. And with my 56mm bell Sightron SIII the scope sat so high even with a Luth AR stock the cheek piece wouldn’t go high enough for a proper cheek weld

Id go XLR or MDT for mine if I do it again. The Evolution is nice as well. Very light
7D6C5E3F-4073-4536-BFA1-B5EF50B7490D.jpeg

Outlier has a Savage chassis offering as well. Cool lightweight setup @ 2.5#'s.

Attachments

• OutlierCrazy8Arken.jpg
    OutlierCrazy8Arken.jpg
    197.2 KB · Views: 261
  • IMG-1935.jpg
    IMG-1935.jpg
    348.4 KB · Views: 241