• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Best Scope covers for Nightforce

Pappasniper

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 13, 2011
AZ
I have 2.5-10X32
3.5-15-50 and 56

Any feedback appreciated. What are best , most durable covers. I have used Butler creek, which are OK, but I want the best -not OK. That might be the best?

PB

Re: Best Scope covers for Nightforce

What's wrong with the bikini cover that comes with them? I simply use a cable tie to keep the cover attached to the scope so I don't lose the dumb thing, but as far as durability goes it kills the Butler Creek caps. Whatever they changed a few years ago ruined their product.

I use a leupold alumina cover on the front and a butler creek on the back. I'm very impressed with the alumina cover. Nxs 3.5x15x50

Darren-
Do you have a size or sku number for the alumina cover you are using?

Between my wife and I, we've already broken two sets of the BC caps, and none of the four sets we've used in the past year have fit worth a darn.

Thanks for any info.

Cheers... Jim

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Darren</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I use a leupold alumina cover on the front and a butler creek on the back. I'm very impressed with the alumina cover. Nxs 3.5x15x50 </div></div>

Darren - nice info. I had been looking for a solution since i moved a NXS 5.5-22x50 from my Rem 5R to a GAP. They both use 20MOA bases but the GAP barrel contour is substantially different. So the objective on the NXS is so close to the barrel on the GAP that a BC cover will not fit without being squeezed tightly between the barrel and objective.

The Alumina cover works perfect and lets me keep the scope low AND I do not have to buy a new set of rings....

Just_jim - it is the Leupold Alumina 50mm 59050.

25quov4.png

SG

Any one have problems breaking the aluminum caps? I would think the aluminum would be brittle.

I have a ATACR nightforce and the best cover I have seen is from Alaska: Scopeshieldalaska.com. I have used them on other high end large scopes and they are excellent even in the field with snow. Take a look at the sight. I recommend them highly. I use the bikinis underneath as well -- belt and suspenders.