• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Rifle Scopes Best scope for a new guy

xXHoPXx

Private
Minuteman
Feb 23, 2010
Bristol,VA
I'm fairly new to the scene. Not new to shooting just to actual long distance shooting and was wondering what the best budgey scope would be. I'm l and looking to buy a .308 and dont know much about scopes. i have a budget of say 500-600 and it'll be for hunting/taget shooting. Any input would be appreciated.

Re: Best scope for a new guy

Welcome to the hide!

What kind of shooting will you be doing? What is your "Budget". We need to know a little more to help you out.

I just got a Falcon Menace 4-14 Mil/Mil. It is a good scope for the money. After sighting it in took it straight to steel at 400 yards. *DING*. Then took it to 600 same thing *DING*. I did not get a track test done yet, will down the road.

You also have to think is 500-600 for glass, rings and base? I have some TPS rings and a EGW 20 MOA base. They are both holding up good so far.

If you have time to wait for glass Vortex is coming out with a new tactical scope in your budget. It is the Vortex PST search it on here. I will be getting one when they come out.

Hope I helped,

Rhett

The SWFA Super Snipers are a solid scope for what you want.I'd prefer the 3-9 as a good multi purpose scope.

Steve

Yeah i was just on there site and came across them. the reviews are all really good and they've got a pretty cheap price.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: steve123</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The SWFA Super Snipers are a solid scope for what you want.I'd prefer the 3-9 as a good multi purpose scope.

Steve </div></div>

I also agree to that. I would love to have a 3-9 on an AR.

i've got an acog 4x32 on my AR, that or a Eotech. what about the rings? i want a picketenny base or however you spell it.

Check out the Falcon Menace, or SWFA Super Snipers. I have a Falcon Menace 4-14 and love it, good glass for the money.

Super Sniper 3-9x42, I own several $2k dollar optics and recently just purchased a used Super Sniper. Functionally it is awesome and at a price tag of $599 you can't beat it... I was lucky to find a used one but I challenge you to find many used on the open market. They are not there becasue they work and people like them... Though if you don't like it I doubt you will have any issues getting rid of it.

I've been looking at both the Super Sniper 3-9x42 and 10x42(not the HD) What's the real difference in these scopes?

Any of the scopes mentioned so far are good choices in this price range. I like Vortex mainly because they have choices in this range and they have a no BS warranty policy.

What do yall thinkabout the Horus Hawk 3-12x50? It looks like a good scope