• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Best scope for under 1000$

Dan8385

Private
Minuteman
Aug 22, 2009
Clarksville TN
Ok so I got about 1000$ - 1200$ and want the best scope possible. I am shooting a 308 anywhere from 100 yards to 700 yards, dont hunt just for targets. Was looking at VXIII 6.5-20x50 but not sure dont think I can afford the good ones like NightForce or USOptics so your opinions would be greatly appreciated thanks..

Re: Best scope for under 1000$

Go with a used Nightforce,there were two for sale today for around $1200 or get a Leupold Mk4 4.5-14x50 it has 100moa adjustment in case you get to shoot more than 700yds.I dont recommend the vx3 unless it has target turrets.good luck.

yeah hang around for a bit and look through the classifieds and you could find something decent in that price range. just make sure before you try to buy something you fill out your profile w/ your location and what not. good luck on the hunt.

My advice is always to find a good used scope. More bang for the buck, so you might be able to afford a NF.

Reactions: wmvdg123

Take a look and exercise some patience on the classified forums. You can find some good deals on USO scopes, if you're patient and have some decent timing.

Hold out for a used Nightforce or maybe a new IOR, they have some scopes around 1000 with nice features. If you give in and go Leupold just get an older one.

I have three Leupold MK4's, a 4-14, a 6-20 and 8-25. all three are great scopes, never had problem with any of them, even after some hard and rough country. They are great, but they are'nt an NXS thats for sure. I dont have the budget for such, but I dont regret my leupold's. I kept a close eye out and managed to get the 4-14 for 800$ the 6-20 about 1100$ and the 8-25 for 850$( a couple years ago)
I would definately recomend the TMR reticle as well, its very useful and worth the extra bit of money.

Nightforce is my thought. However, if you want to save a couple hundred, the Zeiss Conquest are nice.

i am looking into a zeiss conquest 6.5-20, it just looks much more clear than the leupold.

The only problem with the Sightron S3 is, there so popular its hard to get one.

I got the 6-24x50 milldot last year, and if I had the money Id order a couple more. I love mine..