• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Best scope is best for 1000 yard

out of no where

Private
Minuteman
Sep 26, 2022
Nevada
I have a savage 338 lupa mag and have been looking for a scope for 1000 yard shots. Thinking of night force ? What would you guys recommend? And why ?

Thanks

I have a savage 338 lupa mag and have been looking for a scope for 1000 yard shots. Thinking of night force ? What would you guys recommend? And why ?

Thanks

What is your budget? What magnification range are you looking for? FFP or SFP? There are a lot of scopes that can easily work fantastic out to 1,000 yards :) Feel free to call us at 916-670-1103 and we can go over the best options for you.

On a 338, I would go with 5-25, FFP, and MIL. But the first post nailed it! CST will not steer you wrong and will work with you in more ways than most vendors.

• Love
Reactions: CSTactical

Thanks
I am an F-class shooter (boo, hiss) and I spend most of my time shooting in 1000-yard competitions. The target at 1000 yards is 6 feet wide, but the X-ring is 5 inches. What are your requirements? What kind of precision do you require, in other words, how big is your target? Also, do you shoot at various unknown distances, or do you shoot at 1000 yards only?

The answers to these questions will help us provide better suggestions.

I just picked up DTR scope from David Tubb. I only have 250 rounds out under it but I can’t understand why anyone would want to “DIAL” in ever again. I studied before using it and spent a afternoon with Tubb to become more proficient. Definitely a learning curve but at the same time I had not been behind a scope for over 15 years. So why not start back on some new technology.

I would say it’s worth looking at and see if it’s for you.

Best of luck!

Tim

If it’s purely for 1000 yards, a FFP is not needed. SFP will save money and depending on scope may have several other advantages

So, the OP asks a question 6-7 weeks ago, people take their time to ask clarifying questions/offer suggestions and the OP is nowhere to be found???
He returned from whence he came (see his Username).

• Haha
Reactions: Baron23
So, the OP asks a question 6-7 weeks ago, people take their time to ask clarifying questions/offer suggestions and the OP is nowhere to be found???

Just the typical askhole. I framed my answer accordingly.

• Haha
Reactions: Baron23
He probably had already bought the night force and was looking for assurance. Everybody has their preferences and likes but there are alot of great options these days.

Reactions: Sigmanx