• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Best Scope Mount - M1A

Ltdshooter

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 9, 2007
Michigan
Hate to do it but my eyes are getting to the point where I need to put optics on an M1A to get the best of the rifle. Need some advice as to what would be the best mount to use.

Re: Best Scope Mount - M1A

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mjh</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sadlak is a very good option. </div></div>

+1

Have tried them all ...

Fulton
Sadlak
Arms
Springfield
etc
etc

Best out there is GDI ... why?

Gives you more mouting surface and lets you move your rear ring a inch further back which increases you mounting optins a lot. Scoping the M1A is a pita and that extra inch helps. It also has front, rear, and side tension points ... spendy but worth it.

I've given up trying to run a scope on an M1A, it just looks better w/iron sights. The ARMS stuff would always catch my brass and never really liked anything else I played with.

Here's how I answered in a Similar Thread (linky) Note: the links to the mounts listed below are live in the original thread.

Here's my recommendation in order of preference:

1. Smith Enterprise: M14 Scope Mount, Wire EDM, NSN 5855-01-506-5750

1A. Sadlak: Sadlak Brookfeild-type M14 Mount particularly good if your receiver is out of spec they will custom-fit the mount for you.

2. Basset Machine: Basset M14 Mount

3. ARMS: its not "bad" but the fit-and-finish on the three above are definitely better.

Avoid the Springfield Armory mount, it won't hold zero.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sapper524</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Have tried them all ...

Fulton
Sadlak
Arms
Springfield
etc
etc

Best out there is GDI ... why?

Gives you more mouting surface and lets you move your rear ring a inch further back which increases you mounting optins a lot. Scoping the M1A is a pita and that extra inch helps. It also has front, rear, and side tension points ... spendy but worth it. </div></div>

Ditto.... GDI is the way to go.

Go with the SADLAK if you have any problems Mike Sadlak will get you squared away. Mike is a solid guy who make a #1 product. I used his mounts to build 100 M14 DMR for Iraq in 2004. The Soldiers loved them and they held their zeros.

Mike came down from CT to Fort Drum and helped install the first 20 mounts.

I have three ARMSCORP M14 scoped rifles all have SADLAK mounts. All three are solid