• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes best scope shootout thread as to not highjack current thread.

Dead Nutz

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 13, 2014
ROB01, you are correct in everything you say. But the new comer around here may not (probably don't) know who's just rambling and ranting vs those with actual usable info.

People also should realize when a test like the one cal is doing its just the nature of the game that some scopes will do better than others. While in reality the ones that didn't score very high may be the better ones when usability is actually considered.

Forums like this one are a great source for gathering useful info. It's just sometimes hard to discern if the info you are getting is actually useful.

My current best scope is a 2013 vintage Nightforce F1 4-15 MLR2.1 with the 2 4 6 8 markings. It is better than my Hensoldt 4.5-16 cuz it cost $1000 less, is just as sharp/contrasty, and has way better knobs. Also, it was made here and can be repaired easily should I do domething to it. I was a retard/tool/dumbshit for buying Hensoldt.

I came very close to buying an F1 several times. I can't recall ever hearing anything bad about them.

Well the in depth reviews are already coming in!

My S&B PM II scopes are the shnizzle. IOC worst and Nightforce in between.
Luepold Tactical scope Sucks hard.

Don't know if I'll ever be able to afford a S&B. But should that day ever arrive I would one with a MSR reticle.