• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Best scope wrap

crackerbacks

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 17, 2010
SE Michigan
I am looking for something to protect my scope and am looking for the best option. I searched and all the threads I can find are quite old so I wanted to see if there was anything new out there?

For fancy; scope chaps, otherwise it is just coban, plain or colored/camo pattern if want something fancy looking.

Yeah I'm just using the self adhesive bandage wrap from the pharmacy. I went the McNett Camo Form route a couple of times but personally I don't think they're worth the money for what you get.

If you use the self adhesive wrap... in particular camo bow wrap on a scope or rifle ... Don't leave it on for an extended time... particularly when it gets hot out west. Otherwise, you'll have a helluva cleanup job ahead of you. Sadly personal experience on a varmint gun.

I was looking at a roll of this stuff

Not sure if its any good, but seems well reviewed.

shopping

19.99 on amazon 3'' wide 30 ft long roll skate board tape for that 60 grit sand paper feel . you could also try and look at vinyl wraps no so different than those used on cars .

Last edited:
Reactions: Adam B
I was looking at a roll of this stuff

Not sure if its any good, but seems well reviewed.

That's the stuff I've used in the past, skip it, and get normal self adhesive wrap. The Mcnett/Gear Aid stuff get sticky, leaves a residue, and starts to unravel over time. To me, the only thing it has going for it are the camo patterns.

Good old 3M vet wrap.
That's the stuff I've used in the past, skip it, and get normal self adhesive wrap. The Mcnett/Gear Aid stuff get sticky, leaves a residue, and starts to unravel over time. To me, the only thing it has going for it are the camo patterns.
Thanks for the heads up. I got some black and hunter green 3M Vetrap coming. I figure if it's on my rifle and I ever need a splint, that's not a bad thing to have around.

I ordered some Brown cohesive bandage off of Amazon to try out, it's not a weird camo color and darker than the typical cohesive bandage so hopefully it will work out. Worst case scenario is that I order some black. I saw the Hunter Green vet wrap but I'd like to see it on something in normal light.

I thought the best was a Fueled by hornady sticker. You must be holding out on us.
Nah that's just to fill up some space but do take some bumps. They are cool though. LOL

IMG_0940ab.jpg