• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Best Sniper stage you ever shot? Looking for ideas

flatlander

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 11, 2003
Eastern NC
So whats the most difficult, interesting, cooliest or, best stage you've ever shot in a Precision rifle or sniper competition ?

Looking for the round count, target description, distance, all the details etc

Fire away.

Todd

Re: Best Sniper stage you ever shot? Looking for ideas

Four metal knock down targets, At 100, 200, 300,and 400 yds away, No scope adjustment, most use hold overs, one minute time limit.......miker

The Oh My God My Targets On Fire Mover-Tony Special

i particularly like the ones where i shatter the steel targets

Re: Best Sniper stage you ever shot? Looking for i

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BOLTRIPPER</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i particularly like the ones where i shatter the steel targets </div></div> That was made possible only because of Moly! (200 yd, sitting, TacPro as I recall)!

Probably be lots of votes for the helicopter/run & gun at RO/SHC; "moving chaos" drills at RO & TacPro off the towers, the ever popular "Jungle Run" (TacPro version of SAS Stan's Alley) w/full auto, pistol run & gun, and rifle UKD. My personal favorite was the UKD stage (?Badger) when you couldn't use LRF or calculators; Pen & mildot masters only.

or.......some .50BMG API rounds on steel suppressed then transition to your bolt gun on UKD steel

Sniper Poker was a blast

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/37ssJh2hbtY"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/37ssJh2hbtY" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

not as good as the Helo at RO though

No doubt, Moving Chaos!

Somebody fill in the numbers please....Im on pain killers and Bourbon
grin.gif
sick.gif

Toughest: Tac shoot this past weekend.

3rd target in the series. est 1150 yards. Not enough elevation in my scope to reach 1150, time is killing me. Maxed out my elevation on shot 1. Zoomed out from target to my first shot impact point until crosshairs were level with impact. reloaded and fired again. Close but no cigar.
frown.gif

Ft Lewis, 1000 yards, 15mph wind from the SW.

Except it criss crossed, I think I was 6 to 8 MOA right when I was in the 10 ring.

And at the WCT match a few years ago, Cold Bore Shot at 600 yards.

*Redman beat my CBS by hitting 7/8" off the X, I was 3.25" off.

And lastly, an attempt at an offhand 800 yard shot on a brick chimney 18" across.

Except in Offhand you sway a bit before breaking trigger, *Redman noticed 4 or 5 Mule deer below....and an offhand shot at 800 yards coulda hit one of them and put me in jail!!!

"Sniper Hooch" at TPRC 2009; engagement of 5 targets across a mountain side, timed evolution under brush/tree concealment.

I thought the "drive by" stage at the '08 NCTBRC was cool - Multiple targets out to 550 from the window of the back seat of a car.

Team V Team single elimination shoot off at the ITRC match.

2 teams dash to rifles from 25 yards back, rifles void of ANY ammo including magazines, load and engage targets. Carbine man first. When carbine man completes his area of responsibility PR man goes for it. First team to complete stage disqualifies other team from further comp. On to next team until there is one a winner.

Good stage to induce high level of stress!

Aug ><>

2007 Ft. Benning 3 gun super secret stage.
Load up in Striker get hauled to sniper range where you engage "high value target" at 500 yd. with Army issue sniper rifle. Had smoke and taped machine gun fire as you exit the striker. Then engage 17 as I recall, La rue targets from 300 to 75 yd. spread out in several mock buildings with your rifle.

Another at 06 Benning I think, used drop turners and swingers at around 90 yd. that were activated by pepper poppers. Had to pick your sequence very carefully.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Scottmilk9</div><div class="ubbcode-body">500 yd night mover in phoenix this past weekend.

</div></div>
That was very cool.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: flounderv2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Toughest: Tac shoot this past weekend.

3rd target in the series. est 1150 yards. Not enough elevation in my scope to reach 1150, time is killing me. Maxed out my elevation on shot 1. Zoomed out from target to my first shot impact point until crosshairs were level with impact. reloaded and fired again. Close but no cigar.
frown.gif
</div></div>

Cant wait to do these matches at night this summer!

You forgot about the 20mph gusting wind too.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RKBA</div><div class="ubbcode-body">"Sniper Hooch" at TPRC 2009; engagement of 5 targets across a mountain side, timed evolution under brush/tree concealment. </div></div>

Proud to say I cleaned that stage with 45 seconds to spare....guess I should slow down
smile.gif

That and the night mover were both fun stages.

aye the night mover is/was very cool...

Wait till next year...
We are already planning some new stages. You will think your positions are being over run by the glowing boogie man.
Paper, who needs paper...

Well the last comp I was in that realy did sort the men from the boys....

1. Blade 88mtrs, knife blade(blade on) cut the bullet in half leaving two holes.

2. 110mtrs (i think) low sun, rifle canted 90degrees left. (had about half of us trying to do physics in our head.

more precision than field skill demo, what did we all learn, DO GOOD TABLES, then dry fire.....lots.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RKBA</div><div class="ubbcode-body">"Sniper Hooch" at TPRC 2009; engagement of 5 targets across a mountain side, timed evolution under brush/tree concealment. </div></div>

I cleaned that stage! It was my fav also

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">No doubt, Moving Chaos! Somebody fill in the numbers please....Im on pain killers and Bourbon</div></div>

So, Bill, how would we be able to tell the difference?
laugh.gif

Moving Chaos starts with the mover going from right to left, at a distance of 400 yards. The mover target is normally a round 12-inch plate. Sometimes 8 inch.

The second target is usually a 6 inch round plate 210 yards away. The third is usually an 8 inch plate 315 yards away. The fourth is a LaRue swinger - 11.75" X 22" - 560 yards away. The fifth is the mover again, but now moving from left to right at 400 yards.

Only hits count, with a maximum of 2 shots at any one target. The second shot is not necessary if the first shot is a hit.

Time expires when the mover has completed it's run from left to right, which is usually around 60 seconds after it starts moving to the left.

just saved that data, thank you

It might get changed for the next match. We've gone through several iterations of targets - and we often change the target order.

But it is a challenging and fun stage - especially if you clean it.
laugh.gif

The past is in the past; the best stage I ever shot is the one I am about to attempt.

Moving chaos is a close second, though.
grin.gif

Hard to beat a helo COF jumping into a moving choas drill!!

Not much out there with a better CDI factor!!

I've never been in a sniper match yet, maybe one of these days. The Sniper Poker looks fun, what are the rules on that?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think Chaos this year will be: Mover, Delta, Foxtrot, India, Yankee, Mover... Just cause CKA wrote it down. </div></div>

Doesn't matter. I've got Lindy on the take now. He sold his soul for a slide rule made of gold.

Shooting a beer can off a piece of steal made to look like a cocktail waitress at Tiger Valley. The beer sat on her tray she was delivering. 300-400 yrads

We did the Dos Equis Challenge where one got you 11... a bottle of XX at 500 yards... we didn't have a cool waitress to shoot off of though.
wink.gif

6 people hit it at 500 yards... Flounder took the top off without spilling the beer.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Flounder took the top off without spilling the beer. </div></div>Now that makes one wonder what he does all day, doesn't it?
laugh.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">We did the Dos Equis Challenge where one got you 11... a bottle of XX at 500 yards... we didn't have a cool waitress to shoot off of though.
wink.gif

6 people hit it at 500 yards... Flounder took the top off without spilling the beer. </div></div>

That was fun, I didn't break the bottle, but my trace told me I scrapped the label.

From a jon boat (sitting, kneeling or prone) tied to the bank but pushed out about 10 feet. Must hit 12x12 steel plate 280 yards across a pond with 2 rounds before engaging targets 2 & 3 (steel 6" diamonds) at unknown distances (turned out to be around 270 to 300 yards.)
I didn't hit anything but it was fun to try.

Most difficult
cant remember what it was called

3 RC buggies, yep the kind ya wished you had as a kid

Speed was a limited to MAX of fast jog, slower as desired by OP

Three ballons per buggie on 3-5ft string, 2 red 1 green. Shoot all red ballons without hitting green.

5 min time limit

Other competitors control buggies...payback suks

Shot in desert scrub land, range 300-600

AR stage but could be done with rifle with some tweaks, great fun high round count