• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Best Software for comparing trajectories

m1a convert

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 29, 2003
Idaho Falls
What software is the easiest to quickly compare two loads/bullets/velocities etc side by side graphically and with drop charts?

AB Analytics. You can compare hundreds of bullets using Doppler Radar data.
Can you show us a screen shot of where in AB you compare different loads? I played it with many times and was always a one load at a time affair. I'm interested.

Can you show us a screen shot of where in AB you compare different loads? I played it with many times and was always a one load at a time affair. I'm interested.

Sure, you can open up as many instances as you want. Just like you see in the store image where two instances are open:

Reactions: LastShot300
Sure, you can open up as many instances as you want. Just like you see in the store image where two instances are open:
Well, I tought you can do a side-by-side comparison like in Coldbore getting both, a tabular view and graphs, 2d, 3d. By opening multiple instances what you get is a crude way to compare the data, so I wouldn't say AB can do comparisons per se

You can do a side by side comparison. With a dozen or more profiles loaded. Including Weapon Employment Zone (hit probability) and more. Using radar data, and CDMs instead of G form factors.
Ok but how? if you mean opening multiple instances that's really crude, and not what one would expect or understand by "side by side" which is a pretty common scenario that doesn't have multiple but just one possible interpretation.

The point is not about the data source (CDM or G) it's all about what the software can do on its own, like exporting a table to Excel ( with Coldbore I can export any data to Excel, does AB feature the same?). In short, it's a feature which is present or it's not. If you have to open multiple instances how can you get a single picture or tabular view of all the data together in just one single view? It's not hard to grasp. If I'm wrong please show a single view of multiple data at once from within the software itself.

In Coldbore you get the Error Budget module a really powerful to analyze a lot of things, including but not limited to Hit Prob

The user was asking for the best software, so I provided him with an answer to the most accurate consumer solution available today. One that is backed by a ballistics laboratory with comprehensive data. Weapon employment zone does way more than just hit probability. Although some do focus on looks, we have focused our attention on laboratory data and accuracy. But to simply answer the users question was the point of my post.

The user was asking for the best software, so I provided him with an answer to the most accurate consumer solution available today. One that is backed by a ballistics laboratory with comprehensive data. Weapon employment zone does way more than just hit probability. Although some do focus on looks, we have focused our attention on laboratory data and accuracy. But to simply answer the users question was the point of my post.
Well...No, the user asked for "What software is the easiest to quickly compare two loads/bullets/velocities etc side by side graphically and with drop charts? " which is a very simple and straightforward question.

So, CB does up to 6 loads at the same time, side by side, and it's clear that AB does not, being a one-load software not capable of the same.

On the other hand, CB is well established as the top dog accuracy wise and as a feature rich package with no match whatsoever, but I get your point on good data, which is critical for any package.

Does WEZ do CEP, target analysis metrics, Relative Weights, Singe and Multiple Volleys, Unit Effects, Confidence Levels, etc? Interested to know more about because what I've seen so far is pretty limited to Hit Prob and basic additional data.

Reactions: Steel+Killer
In any event......

Would someone please get one of the two systems to work on a MAC. People make fun me for still shooting a 308, but neither of the above options runs properly on a MAC. Sad

In any event......

Would someone please get one of the two systems to work on a MAC. People make fun me for still shooting a 308, but neither of the above options runs properly on a MAC. Sad
Have a couple of friends who love their Mac' running CB on a Windows emulator without a single hitch.

Thank you for the heads up! Yes, I could run a mirror system to allow PC based programs on a Mac. I just hate the Idea of any PC products living on my Mac. So I admit that my issue is self imposed. Maybe one day the shooting community will embrace the Apple. Till then I'll go with out. Thanks again of reminding me of that options.

Reactions: LastShot300
In any event......

What exactly are you trying to achieve?
Trajectory? Range cards? Hit probability depending on different factors?
I have the same problem as you -- thorough allergy to windoze, and as nothing was available, I am putting together a few lines of code, which might scratch your itch. (all open source, free software, browser-based)

What exactly are you trying to achieve?
Trajectory? Range cards? Hit probability depending on different factors?
I have the same problem as you -- thorough allergy to windoze, and as nothing was available, I am putting together a few lines of code, which might scratch your itch. (all open source, free software, browser-based)

I would be interested as well.