• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Best Stock/ Chassis for Hunting/ Target Shooting combo?

BigCheese1

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 4, 2013
Title says it all. I do not want a full on M24 style stock, nor do I want a AICS Chassis. I am looking for pictures and ideas and your experiences with a platform that is comfortable in the field, yet capable when it comes to the prone position and long range shooting.

Thanks boys! :cool:

look at the different manners stock options and see which one fits you better and get the badger mini chassis option and you will have the best of both worlds. I use a t2 mini chassis for my match rifle and as a hunting stock. You can get them pretty lightweight.

Depending upon the exact split of hunting vs. tactical, I think that the Manners MCS-T and T3 may work.

Last edited:
Title says it all. I do not want a full on M24 style stock, nor do I want a AICS Chassis. I am looking for pictures and ideas and your experiences with a platform that is comfortable in the field, yet capable when it comes to the prone position and long range shooting.

XLR Chassis with folder all the way. Fully adjustable with a DBM, 18-22 in barrel depending on caliber, save a bunch on smithing. Here is my extended long range rig in 7mag.

Stiller Tac-30AW, Brux 1-8" twist #5 Chambered in 6mm Super LR, JP AMCS Chassis, fed by 10rd Double stack-single feed Alpha type 1 mags.

This thing is still a bit heavy for all day carry but balances really well when off hand shots are needed.

Have a look at the Manners EH4 with mini chassis. This one is on my Stiller Predator w/ #5 Brux barrel chambered in .308. Also have a #4 Brux chambered in .260 for it.

John

IMG_0128_zps8a3d3276.jpg

I shot George's (GAP) match gun a year or so ago in a manners t3, really great all around stock. Probably what i'll use on a "all around" build here soon when i get caught up on a few things.

look at the different manners stock options and see which one fits you better and get the badger mini chassis option and you will have the best of both worlds. I use a t2 mini chassis for my match rifle and as a hunting stock. You can get them pretty lightweight.

Just about sums it up.. It took me 6 solid months of Searching, researching, decision - making, and indecision to come to the conclusion:

Manners Composite Stocks!!

Absolute best combination of Looks, function, Strength, Ruggedness, and lightweight awesomeness,!

I personally did not go with a Straight -up chassis because I didn't wait an AR - 15 looking bolt action. But I did want all the other benefits a chassis gives you: Too manto list tue bit safe to saythe Badger Ordnance Mini- Chassis is a huge part of the - MCS advantage. Also with mcs, I chose an extremely tactical style T5A but they offer a diverse range of stock styles from hunting to 'sniping"and folding etc.

- Anyway I considered AICS,Hs,McM, B&C ... even McRees an XLR etc. ad several others " I wound up making the best decision and that was manners Composite Stocks, my MCS T5A DBM AAC-SD is Awesome and I am extremely thankful I made the decision I did.

Sony for Typos I am writing on my Note 10. l tablet its not easy to Avoid some typos,

My "do-all" is a 20" 260 in a McMillan A5.

Certainly no featherweight but not overly heavy either (10.5ish with optic) and I have no issues shooting offhand, prone or supported from a treestand rail with it.

Try taking a look at modular driven technologies. I have their tac-21 chassis and it is fairly light weight and I like the ergonomics of the ar-15 platform in the system, has me shooting around 1/2" groups at 100yds from the bench/prone too. They just came out with a really light weight sniper chassis last month too, something like 1.6lbs naked. Here's a link. MDT TAC21 and LSS Tactical Chassis Systems