• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Best sub $500 scope glass - tracking is irrelevant

pineoak

Assistant Minion
Supporter
Minuteman
Feb 15, 2017
Cary, North Carolina
Looking for a $100-500 rifle scope for a specific set distance (either 200 or 300 yards) as this scope will only be used for that distance. The scope doesn't need to track accurately.

Just want the best glass for the $

What say you?

@koshkin has a website where he lists his picks for best at price point for given uses. I'm not sure what the URL is, but if you Google Dark Lord of Optics reviews, you should find it in short order.

As a long standing supporting vendor here on the forum it would be our pleasure to discuss this with you and help figure out which would suit your intended use the best. If you've got a few minutes give us a call, 516-217-1000.
There's great options from
Element
Athlon
GPO
Hawke
Thanks

I have a hawke that cost 175 bucks, has paralax and holds zero well. For the money i like it as a scope for 100-300 yds.

Might want to look at Blackhound Optics, they have a 1-4, 1-6, 1-8 starting at around 250 up to 450. If you look around you can probably get a discount for 5 to 10 percent off as well. I know there is a dealer on here as well. There out of stock on there website right now, well as of yesterday. Look up the reviews, the 1-8 is getting best reviews for LPVO. All 3 have different reticles as well.

Stay away from zoom scopes at that price and get a fixed power scope, like the Bushnell LRS 10x40 Tac Ops, it is an excellent LOW design
I believe even the SWFA SS 10x42 or something along those lines also has very good glass for the price.