• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Best subsonic ammo that will cycle in M&P 15 supressed?

EotS

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Nov 12, 2020
South
Available notwithstanding, what's your subsonic ammo of choice for a semi-auto that's supressed?

Cci SV are still pretty loud in a 16in semi, but the Cci quiet @ 710fps won't cycle.

Suggestions?

My JP-22 and VQ Fusion won't cycle at all with subs, suppressed or not. I don't worry about it, and just use SV or HV ammo in these rifles.

My JP-22 and VQ Fusion won't cycle at all with subs, suppressed or not. I don't worry about it, and just use SV or HV ammo in these rifles.
Well, the quietest 22lr ammo that will still cycle.

CCI std velocity for me. 100% cycles without issue. All stay subsonic. The gun is as loud as the action cycling and the trigger resetting. The round firing is quieter that the bolt returning to home. Like you stated, CCI quiet won’t cycle the bolt and thus will be quieter.

CCI Suppressor worked well for me. It cycles my CMMG conversion bolt just fine without a can on and my friends M&P 15 with a can. There is still noticeable port pop though, unfortunately with a semi, there is no getting away from that.