• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Best suppressor covers?

Libertys Defense is the top dog and has been known for a couple years now.
I have 3 Libertys Defense covers and 1 YHM cover. Both don’t slip or move no matter what.

Libertys Defense is the top dog and has been known for a couple years now.
I have 3 Libertys Defense covers and 1 YHM cover. Both don’t slip or move no matter what.

Those look really nice. Very pricey - but quality comes at a cost.

Personally, I don't know why there isn't a suppressor wrap company that doesn't use a cinch system like BOA, so that you can really tighten up the suppressor wrap (and quickly loosen it for cooling), with minimal effort.

Reactions: RS14
anyone used these guys? seems interesting enough, but pricey for a dive with no info

Yes, I have them on all my cans. Superior to traditional fabric-based covers for semi-autos to increase airflow and reduce the exterior temperature of the cover preventing burns. For bolt actions, I have yet to see mirage off the can, even in 80* weather at a PRS comp. Also slightly lighter than my Coletac HTP for the 7" models.

Yes, I have them on all my cans. Superior to traditional fabric-based covers for semi-autos to increase airflow and reduce the exterior temperature of the cover preventing burns. For bolt actions, I have yet to see mirage off the can, even in 80* weather at a PRS comp. Also slightly lighter than my Coletac HTP for the 7" models.
Do you use the direct clamp types or the rail mounted setups? Been debating if the rail mount is worth it for minimizing disturbance to barrel harmonics/POI shift

I use the direct attach, only because the can is so far forward of the rail. I have not noticed a POI shift on either my DT, AR-15 16", or my 11.5" MCX, even with my 28" Med Palma with TBAC Ultra 7.

I use the direct attach, only because the can is so far forward of the rail. I have not noticed a POI shift on either my DT, AR-15 16", or my 11.5" MCX, even with my 28" Med Palma with TBAC Ultra 7.
I assume the direct attach is the one with hex bolts that clamps to the suppressor?

If so, it sounds like it clamps on there pretty well and one can leave the cover on and unthread a direct-thread can just by grabbing the cover, right? They might have had a video on their site that demonstrates that, but the video is “private”. See here: https://modtac.us/product/suppressor-shield-in-extremis/

My suppressor covers always fall down when my gun is upright. Sorta bugs the crap out of me.

Last edited:
And what vent option did you go with? CQB (more vent) or Standard?

(Edit: Might be a moot point…seems like you can’t get any cover over 5.5” long in anything other than Standard vent)

And what vent option did you go with? CQB (more vent) or Standard?

(Edit: Might be a moot point…seems like you can’t get any cover over 5.5” long in anything other than Standard vent)
according to the site they do custom setups, so it might just be you have to do a custom order.

according to the site they do custom setups, so it might just be you have to do a custom order.
Well, I went and ordered two after talking to Modtac. They have pretty much phased out the CQB versions (not interested anyway) and they just got some sizes in of the regular vent clamp-ons in stock (not showing on their site earlier today).

So if you want one in a hurry, call them.

Last edited:
while not a cover and more of a case to keep it safe in
iStock-490439312-768x432.jpg

it even plays the Indiana Jones music when you open it with dry ice fog effects still working on laser light show but it will get there . crush velvet lined lol

• Haha
Reactions: carbonbased
while not a cover and more of a case to keep it safe in
iStock-490439312-768x432.jpg

it even plays the Indiana Jones music when you open it with dry ice fog effects still working on laser light show but it will get there . crush velvet lined lol
I think that thing should be the actual entire suppressor. I would slay dragons to see someone show up at the range with that thing hanging from their 6.5 manbun, playing music and all.

• Haha
Reactions: acudaowner
Has anyone ever tried using some black automotive exhaust header heat wrap/tape? Seems to me like it would do the trick. It's only $15 for a 2'x50 foot roll on Amazon

@mightyhercules

You want the suppressor to cool, and header wrap keeps the heat in I believe.

No Bueno IMHO
I’m not a physicist, but any mirage abatement device would work by keeping heat in. That is how they function to limit the heating of air around and above the suppressor that induces mirage.

Reactions: Huskydriver
I’m very happy with Can Chap from our own @gebhardt02 who also makes the Scope Chaps.

Thin, sticky inside so grips the can extremely well for install/removal, perfect fit.

1692710944305.jpeg

Had a TAB and loved how slick it was but retention sucked, I shot it clean off at mammoth and never got it back from the ROs, have an Armageddon now and it's bulky but I don't think it's going anywhere.

I’m very happy with Can Chap from our own @gebhardt02 who also makes the Scope Chaps.

Thin, sticky inside so grips the can extremely well for install/removal, perfect fit.

View attachment 8210131

This is the one I'm trying next.

I have a Bowers, but it appears they don't sell them anymore. They were dirt cheap too.

Reactions: Baron23 and DIBBS