• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Suppressors Best Suppressor for my all around need?

Disciple

Private
Minuteman
Jun 1, 2013
Scottsdale, AZ
I've decided to purchase my first suppressor and am looking closely at Q's Trash Panda. I'm looking for a can that I can shoot on multiple bolt action rifles. I'll be using it primarily on my Tubb 2000 with a 308 and 6XC barrel but will also use it on 6.5X284 and 260 Rem. These will be the main rifles I'll want to use the can but I also have a custom 300 Rum I use for hunting and may want to use it on it as well. I looked at the Omega closely but was told the Trash Panda would be better for multiple rifles. Any suggestion would be very helpful. Thanks Rick

TBAC ultra 7 or 9. @Zak Smith can give you info.

Edited to add that when paired with an Area 419 selftiming brake, it’s a tough combo to beat.

Last edited:
Highly recommend the Trash Panda! The mounting system is solid, its the only can I've never had loosen up at any point.

I would take a dead air sandman or a nomad over anything Q has made any day of the week. Tbac ultra 7 would be my second choice. I love dead airs keymo qd system for switching between hosts.

Another vote for the Ultra 7. Have used it on my bolt guns in 308 and 6.5CM. Even put it on a 6.8 SBR just for fun. Very versatile and lightweight. While I don't know either group personally, I feel confident that the Thunderbeast owners and staff are persons of high repute; that means something to this consumer.

Reactions: lawofsavage
While I don't know either group personally, I feel confident that the Thunderbeast owners and staff are persons of high repute; that means something to this consumer.

Lol something Q is certainly NOT known for

Reactions: LeftyJason
Honestly, you're going to want a 9" can with the rum. If not something larger.

Reactions: FatBoy
Whatever you pick I can set you up with a custom insulator. Melt it while installed correctly and I’ll repair or replace it! I’ll put it up against any cover out there for workmanship/effectiveness/durability.
PrecisionUndergroundRifleGear.com
1AE6E1F6-FFF5-4EEF-AC03-C84D031D45EC.jpeg
3F48B169-3E01-491E-880B-37DDB98ECF70.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: TACC and atombomb
I was initially going to buy the Ultra 7 or 9 probably 9 but was told the brake system and connection of the Trash Panda is as good or better and way less cost to set up on multiple rifles. I shoot 3 6 XC's ,2 6.5X284's and my Tubb so will be switching the can between rifles frequently. I'm aware of criticism of Q from the younger shooters but is there any real issues with Q. I was leaning toward Thunderbeast because they've been around and have such a reputation but there is quite a cost difference between an ultra 7 and the trash panda when you set it up for 8-10 firearms.

I was initially going to buy the Ultra 7 or 9 probably 9 but was told the brake system and connection of the Trash Panda is as good or better and way less cost to set up on multiple rifles. I shoot 3 6 XC's ,2 6.5X284's and my Tubb so will be switching the can between rifles frequently. I'm aware of criticism of Q from the younger shooters but is there any real issues with Q. I was leaning toward Thunderbeast because they've been around and have such a reputation but there is quite a cost difference between an ultra 7 and the trash panda when you set it up for 8-10 firearms.
The area419 mounting system is rock solid.

I run my Hybrid in my 6.5 and 308 with great results, although I can, I don't run it on my 556 because I run my Saker's on them

Reactions: Huskydriver
I think your going the right way. As long as your buying a top end can, be sure to get 22LR also. having to switch it between barrels can get pricey if your using quick mounts. ATM I have a Sandman Ti direct thread and 2 TBAC 9's in jail with QD Mounts. While I have no complaints, I shoot 6 and 6.5 mostly and wanted to give TBAC a try....drinking the kool-aid guess.

My dead air moves between 5 barrels and I never have to re-zero anything. Just don't think you have to get a TBAC to be a cool guy. You can get a dead air Ti and mask for the price of one. As long as you twist and snap it will not come loose. Don't be afraid of direct thread, it works great....and cheaper.

TBAC cans are awesome and I always recommend them. If your on a budget, I really like my Dead Air Sandman Ti. I think it is a fantastic can for the money.

It's been my experience that if your threads are properly cut and the tenon is the correct length , direct thread will not shoot loose. I run direct thread for my 30-P1 and the AEM5 has a tapered busing at the ass end to center it but it works essentially like DT, and it's rock solid too. Takes some real effort to break them loose after firing.

Not to steal his thread but if he were keeping in on one rifle (his 260) would that change any opinions.

I've got a TB U7 6.5 that does cross duty between 6.5G and 223W gas guns and can't recommend it more. I don't have a ton of things to compare to, but it's the shit on those rifles, the people at Thunderbeast are great and I like Wyoming companies.

Cost is a long term item. My advice, with all bias, is to buy a TB and then direct thread. If you get tired of the direct thread top you can adopt their "quicker thread" breaks. Posters are correct, the cost of the mounts adds up. But Focus on the can. A reality is that once you start in A family of cans, you will probably stay there, the various mounts being interchangeable.

The cost of direct threading a TB to 2 rifles is probably the same cost as another can with 2 breaks. I'd buy the TB, direct thread and see how it goes. I bet you like the taste of the cool -aid

TBAC just announced a new QD mount too. Curious to see one in person.

I Still like DT, but the TBAC threaded brakes with a conical seat are essentially the same damn thing. Don't the DT ultras just have a break fixed into the can permanently?

TBAC just announced a new QD mount too. Curious to see one in person.

I Still like DT, but the TBAC threaded brakes with a conical seat are essentially the same damn thing. Don't the DT ultras just have a break fixed into the can permanently?
Actually a DT can that seats up against a 90 degree shoulder is nothing like a taper mount

If you say so. Turning it on threads into it backs onto a hard piece of steel shoulder sounds close enough to me, but I get your point.

Last edited:
Thanks for all the input. No doubt TBAC makes great cans and are one of the best. Point well taken on cost and value. I've learned that I buy the best quality equipment and am never disappointed. I'm not seeing any complaint on the Trash Panda but definitely see support for TBAC and may end up with an Ultra9.