• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Best tasting protien bars and shakes

schiaa

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 4, 2010
Minneapolis Metro, MN
Tri-o-plex bars. They come in the standard flavors like chocolate, peanut butter, etc, but also come in unique flavors like carmel apple, mixed berry, chocolate coconut, and peanut butter/banana. 30 grams protien, low sugar, medium/low fat.

GNC Wheybolic Extreme 60 protien powder. Whey Isolate/Hydrosylate combination for a very quick amino acid delivery. Very low in sugar and fat, and tasty with skim.

Thanks for adding this section Lowlight.

Re: Best tasting protien bars and shakes

I sometimes make my own......

For peeps that don't like P-Butter, to be honest I can't taste it anyway and as long as you don't mind the nuts they will be fine. Th P-butter boosts the protein and adds the good fats to the mixture.

The most important thing is not to over cook these or they will dry out.

The best thing is that you know what is in them unlike other bars you buy which can be loaded with hidden sugars, they don't taste like a kit kat etc but then these are whey better for you.

You will need;

8-9" Shallow Baking Tray. The new rubber ones are best
0% Cooking spray
Large Microwave safe bowl
A Tablespoon
Scales
6 Eggs
Whey
Peanut Butter
Cocoa Powder
Small jar apple sauce
Oats

& an Oven

First Pre heat oven at 160c

Ok put 100g of P-Butter in the microwave safe bowl and heat for 20secs in microwave to melt.

Crack in 6 Egg whites ""NO YOKES"".

Add two tablespoons Cocoa Powder.

Add half the small jar of Apple sauce.

Weigh in 35g Oats.

Now mix together.

Once all mixed add 1 Scoop Choc Whey and mix,

then add the second scoop and mix,

then the third and mix (If you add 3 scoops together at once it's murder to mix).

Now spray the baking tray with the 0% spray so the bars wont stick and add in the mixture.

Place in the middle of the oven for 7mins then turn bars 180degrees for a further 8mins and remove to cool.

Once removed cut into 8 bars.

I like EAS, AST, BSN, VPX, LaBrada, and Muscle Milk(Little high on the fat content), these are some of the better tasting Protein mixes out there. IMO..

1__57377.jpg

Chocolate, Vanilla, Rocky ROad, and chocolate chip mint are all insanely delicious.

100Casein_Van_4lb.jpg

Vanilla, Chocolate, and Peanutbutter chocolate are the only flavor's I've had of this, but I loved them all.

Mix with some whole milk and you're good.

If you're not getting enough calories in the day you can throw in bannanas, peanutbutter, and blueberries and all that kind of stuff.

supreme_bar.jpg

Lot's of good stuff out there nowadays, but these lil' buggers are like friggin' desert! Gotta love it when you can actually look forward to meal supplements!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: COURAGEWOLF</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
1__57377.jpg

Chocolate, Vanilla, Rocky ROad, and chocolate chip mint are all insanely delicious.

100Casein_Van_4lb.jpg

Vanilla, Chocolate, and Peanutbutter chocolate are the only flavor's I've had of this, but I loved them all.

Mix with some whole milk and you're good.

If you're not getting enough calories in the day you can throw in bannanas, peanutbutter, and blueberries and all that kind of stuff.

</div></div>
i go through a 10lbs bag of gold standard in about a month....and a 4lb jug of gold standard casien in about the same.......throw in 5grams of creatine in every shake and your rocking...

i also use trueprotein.com and make my own custom blends.....my post workout is always 1 scoop custom, 1 scoop gold standard whey...

my current custom blend is

50% beef protein isolate
25% whey protein isolate ion exchange
25% micellar casien instatized
with added protease enzyme complex/ vitamin and mineral mix/ and electrolytes...

i dont eat any bars because i have been in the bodybuilding/powerlifting world for a good while and have seen the true results from those things.....i will not eat them...

when you drink enough protein you really dont care about the taste at all....just how well it mixes...

bench

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: benchmstr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i dont eat any bars because i have been in the bodybuilding/powerlifting world for a good while and have seen the true results from those things.....i will not eat them...
</div></div>

Your an alright guy n' all, but you say some of the most toolish shit sometimes. I know a whole lot of high level athletes, soldiers and fitness competitors that eat protein bars regularly and are doing just fine and look phenomenal. What exactly is the truth behind protein bars bench?

I've been lifting/training naturally for 21 years and am still lean, strong and have excellent cardio. I eat probably 5 bars a week. Is there an unknown truth waiting to be discovered in my future? Please enlighten us meak folk....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ghillie Zen</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: benchmstr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i dont eat any bars because i have been in the bodybuilding/powerlifting world for a good while and have seen the true results from those things.....i will not eat them...
</div></div>

Your an alright guy n' all, but you say some of the most toolish shit sometimes. I know a whole lot of high level athletes, soldiers and fitness competitors that eat protein bars regularly and are doing just fine and look phenomenal. What exactly is the truth behind protein bars bench?

I've been lifting/training naturally for 21 years and am still lean, strong and have excellent cardio. I eat probably 5 bars a week. Is there an unknown truth waiting to be discovered in my future? Please enlighten us meak folk.... </div></div>
its nothing big....just a lot of stuff in them i'd rather not eat, and not on the label....if you like them eat them...i just choose not too...

oh, and it sounds like its time to lower your doasage bro
wink.gif

bench

I am doing a meal supplement program where I eat one of these instead of lunch:

clif-bars-aw07.jpg

It took a few weeks to lose the hunger pains, but now I'm GTG until end of shift. Lost 35 pounds since February.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GardDog223</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am doing a meal supplement program where I eat one of these instead of lunch:

clif-bars-aw07.jpg

It took a few weeks to lose the hunger pains, but now I'm GTG until end of shift. Lost 35 pounds since February. </div></div>
i got some of those awhile back as free samples....they werent bad
cool.gif

bench

I use "pure protein" bars I buy at walmart. $5.80 a box of 6 bars, best deal I've found. 20g protein, 0g trans fat, 2g sugar.

I tried a bunch of different bars and the Clif bars were the only ones that I could eat and not be hungry 30 minutes later. One of my OCD buddies researched it thoroughly and found that the Clif bars average 250 calories and 5 grams of fat (different flavors have different nutritional values). He advised that your body burns 60 calories per hour at rest, so if you eat one bar for a meal, you've burned off the calories from the bar in about 4 hours (even if you're desk-bound). Made sense and has worked for me.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: COURAGEWOLF</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Protein vodka?

0823-situation-vodka-exd-credit1.jpg

link fail sorry u gonna have to click it. </div></div>

Well, if it makes me look like him....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MrLowandSlow</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: COURAGEWOLF</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Protein vodka?

0823-situation-vodka-exd-credit1.jpg

link fail sorry u gonna have to click it. </div></div>

Well, if it makes me look like him.... </div></div>

Interesting review

http://everydaydrinkers.com/2010/01/13/devotion-vodka-review/

The idea of protein in liquor is pretty retarded, considering the effect of ethanol on receptors it's not like that benefits you even minimally
laugh.gif

It may have a unique taste though I suppose.

just use protein as a supplement what you can't get from food.
best stuff around IMO is beverly international muscle provider vanilla tastes great

I make a protein shot every morning, though sometimes it goes to waste. She says it DOES taste unique and sometimes like vodka.. especially if I went out the night before.

Platinum hydro whey has some quality protein and tastes really good, optimum nutrition makes some good products. GNC's wheybolic extreme is good stuff too. Clif bars are excellent.

Clif builder bars and EAS myoplex lite chocolate only on the shakes, the vanilla is too strong and doesn't taste good.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MrLowandSlow</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

GNC Wheybolic Extreme 60 protien powder. Whey Isolate/Hydrosylate combination for a very quick amino acid delivery. </div></div>

I likey this stuff myself

I use that optimum nutrition whey protein posted above. Tastes like shit but it works.

I've been liking the Dymatize Elite Gourmet powder lately. Good price too, and gives me less gas than other brands.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DirtyD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">just use protein as a supplement what you can't get from food.
best stuff around IMO is beverly international muscle provider vanilla tastes great </div></div>
i used to use tons of beverly international....and i still would if i could get it as cheap as the powder i am using now....that stuff was epic...

bench

I've always ordered my stuff off of www.netrition.com They seem to have the best deals, a little harder to navigate to what you want, but they have it all!! I like the creamy vanilla whey protein made by ON. It tastes like a rootbeer float when mixed with milk.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: boone</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I use "pure protein" bars I buy at walmart. $5.80 a box of 6 bars, best deal I've found. 20g protein, 0g trans fat, 2g sugar. </div></div>

same here, the only ones i can stand are the chocolate/pb flavor.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rbstokes22</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i agree, gold standard whey is the best tasting ive had. </div></div>

i drink a lot of gold standard and the main reasons i drink it is i get it crazy discounted, and it mixes great...

even if i had to pay full price i would still get it because how well it mixes..

bench

muscle milk , they are all good but the cake batter is the best! I think it digests good also

I use muscle tech Nitro tech hardcore. Chocolate with skim milk and peanut butter

If you like Clif bars, they have a high protein one out now. They are pretty damn good compared to some of the chalky tasting shit i've eaten over the years. To me, they are about the closest thing to a candy bar i've eaten in a long time.

...And they don't make my teeth hurt like that fructose laden gas station garbage.

Back when I just got out of HS and was going to Golds Gym I use to get "Promax" bars. The peanut crunch flavor was my favorite. 25 grams of protien, and like 3 carbs. The pure protien shake was the only decent one on the market at the time. I dont care for the bars out now, and cant find promax's bars anymore. Muscle Milk served my needs the best. It had what I needed in it, and you can get it at a good price from Costco. I have yet to have a flavor that wasnt good.

A bunch of other shakes and bars I have had get me trying to lick my ass to get the taste out of my mouth.

Beverly International Muscle Provider.

Muscle Provider

4 grams carbs, 21 protein... and it tastes good. Mixes easy i nwater with jsut a shaker cup. My wife is a pro fitness competitor and we have everything under the sun. Beverly is the best.

I 2nd the cliff builder bars. As for powders. Dymatize Elite, Optimum nutrition Nitro-core 24, and EAS.

These are some that I have used over the years and like the flavor of. BTW the chocolate is the flavor I used.

+1 for Clif Bars. Most of them are very tasty and they keep you full for a while. I practically lived on them once for about a year, always carried two or three in cargo pocket. My favorites are Peanut Toffee Buzz, Peanut Butter, and Blueberry Crisp. Pretty decent nutrition for the size, great in the field.

Cliff builders bar, eat one every morning, protein powder choice is Wegman's, best I've tried and that's a lot.

If we are talking about which taste the best, it's hard to beat a strawberry Syntha-6. It may or may not be the best protein choice, but it taste pretty damn good.

Ive been using Gold Standard Whey and Caseine Protein powders for awhile now. I do one heaping scoop of each with a scoop of Nitro Tech Hardcore all vanilla in flavor with skim milk, a cup full of frozen strawberries and bananas (2). You will need to add ice to the blender.

This has made the best tasting post workout shake I have had in a long time. Nothing will taste as good as what YOU come up with. Everyone is different, some guys will love one shake and it will make others puke. Get some powders and just experiment in the kitchen one day. Thats what I did with the recommendation of another powerlifter and this is what I came up with. When we all lift here at the farm I actually have to make about 6 blenders full of this stuff to get the guys going again, and as an excuse not to have to cook for them....
laugh.gif

ON makes the best protein shakes out there. I love the Clif brand Builders protein bars. They are less than $2 a piece too so they are good for you(think organic type stuff) and cheaper than most every protein bar out there

Jay Robbs chocalate are pretty good. There's a protien bar search engine on Bodybuilder.com

I'm drinking "Protein Factory" CFM Whey Isolate, Fruit Punch flavor, before workouts.
10oz. of water and a shaker cup and GTG.
You can go there and order custom make protein, top of the line bovine protein.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Highground</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If we are talking about which taste the best, it's hard to beat a strawberry Syntha-6. It may or may not be the best protein choice, but it taste pretty damn good. </div></div>

Never had strawberry, but Syntha 6 is by far the best tasting I have ever had. AAB's Pure Pro is really good too.

Prefer the genuine taste of food over supplements. These taste the best so far. www.vitacost.com/Organic-Food-Bar-Protein. Contain 22 grams of protein, no synthetic ingredients, moist with kind of a fig flavor. Not the cheapest, but like most other things in life quality isn't cheap. I haven't tried their other bars yet but, the protein is good to go!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ghillie Zen</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
supreme_bar.jpg

Lot's of good stuff out there nowadays, but these lil' buggers are like friggin' desert! Gotta love it when you can actually look forward to meal supplements! </div></div>

Those Supreme Protein are great!

I don't drink many shakes at all , only when i'm realy busy and right after i train.

My normal protein post workout is 100% Whey Gold from ON. I add a tablespoon of unsweetened coco powder to the shake.

True Protein's Team Skip formula is what I drink if I need a shake to replace a meal during the day , its three differant type of protein help the body feed on it a bit longer than the regular whey and it tase great , the Chocolate peanutbutter cup kicks ass http://www.trueprotein.com/Product_Details.aspx?cid=31&pid=534

I got a big just of some new stuff this year at a show to try and it taste realy good also , mixed with a cup of ice and 6oz skim milk makes it taste like a milk shake and its a protein blend alos so its good for those using shakes as part of a meal plan http://www.truscience.com/trutein.html

I'm a huge fan of the premixed isopures. 40 grams of whey protein with no carbs.

When I started bike ridding last year I found most the riders I ride with use the Cliff bars, there did help me reach my goal of a 100 mile ride and I found the mini bars are great for those quick food every two hours it helps me from eating as much at meal time.