• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

best thumbhole stock for 5r 308?

kl7883

Private
Supporter
Minuteman
Feb 28, 2010
i was thinking about the hs precision either m24 thubhole or the newer 2000 competion thumbhole they make.any thoughts or other brands?

Re: best thumbhole stock for 5r 308?

All the way.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Stryder</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Accuracy International </div></div>

Most ppl will tell you the Accuracy International is the best but it runs $800-$1100. If you want a less expensive Manners but my thought process is if your going to spend that much you might as well fork over a little more and get the best

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Vanguard</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Most ppl will tell you the Accuracy International is the best but it runs $800-$1100. If you want a less expensive Manners but my thought process is if your going to spend that much you might as well fork over a little more and get the best </div></div>

The reason this is an assinine statement is the AICS comes with a DBM from the get go. The Manners doesnt, you have to add it to the stock. So while the AICS may seem pricey"er" its not in all reality when you look at the cost of a T5A with DBM its roughly the same cost. Im not knocking Manners at all, love their stocks. But the misconception that the AICS is pricey and therefore you should look at Manners/McMillan type stock because they are cheaper is retarded. An equal setup comparison from Manners Website and AICS 1.5 Chasis

Manners T5A-
Rem 700 SA inlet
Manners DBM mini Chasis (uses AICS Mags)
Adjustable Cheekpiece

Total- 975.00 plus shipping

AICS 1.5-
Rem 700 SA

Total Price-857.14 plus shipping from MHSA

Now with a price comparison, i prefer AICS if im running a thumbhole, but i also have a couple Manners here. I would recommend getting behind as many of the different thumbholes and stocks as you can and see which fits you better

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dr. Bill</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sentinel stock is the best I've tried. </div></div>

I cant get Terry to take my money, so i am gonna resort to robbing JasonK of one of his
smile.gif

I can only speak for what I have used, but the Manners GAT is a nice piece of work. Has a great feel to it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: deadly0311</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dr. Bill</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sentinel stock is the best I've tried. </div></div>

I cant get Terry to take my money, so i am gonna resort to robbing JasonK of one of his
smile.gif
</div></div>

Lemme know when you want to play with mine...

If you can find one, the Sentinal is nice.

2009-11-26082654.jpg