• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Best Ti muzzle brake?

B4forever

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 14, 2012
Central Oregon
I’m helping my partner finish out his rifle build to be used in the SAC this year. Obviously weight is a huge concern. That being said, who makes the best titanium muzzle brake? The ultra popular brakes (APA, A419) aren’t offered in Ti. The best I can find Christensen. Any other recommendations for a lightweight/effective muzzle brake?

I just got the christensen ti side port brake and its good to go. It's not cutting as much as my terminator but its a solid brake for the weight. I know ryan pierce is offering the muscle brake in ti now also, I have one of the steel ones and it also works well.

The best is Piercision Rifles 5 port.
Here's a pic of one I have on my 300 Norma. Weights 3oz or so
20200111_212412.jpg

Reactions: jonthomps and TACC
Check out the insite arms heathen brake. They make an aluminum version and it's super light. I have one and it works amazing.

Lighter than titanium, they've done durability testing for thousands of rounds and it holds up just as well as steel.

Reactions: kthomas
Hawkins Precision makes titanium muzzle brakes. I own a Hawkin's Precision 3-port titanium muzzle brake which weighs .90 oz. It has a seamless OD and looks great.

I don't have a Ti brake, but I do have a couple AL ones. The insite hethern is ok, but the PVA ultralight is more effective on my 6.5prc.

+1 on the hawkins brake, I have one on my Bighorn build with a proof barrel. It is on a 280ai, so recoil was not huge to begin with, but since the proof barrel as threaded I put it on and it shoots with recoil so light I don't really notice it.

I’m leaning heavily towards the ultralite jetblast from PVA. I didn’t realize aluminum could be durable enough for a muzzle brake.

I’m leaning heavily towards the ultralite jetblast from PVA. I didn’t realize aluminum could be durable enough for a muzzle brake.

Aluminum is usually not. As an engineer who’s dealt with a similar issue, I’m very impressed with their work on this.

I like my MBM Ti 3-port on 6.5CM.