• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Best twist/bullet grain for ar15 bench gun

jmichael99

Private
Minuteman
Apr 10, 2011
i think iv made my final choice and will go with a ar15 rifle instead of an ar10 type this year.. i already have a lower so in the end i save money. ar10 next year

anyway. Ill most likely be getting a 22in bartlein barrel so im looking for the best twist and grain combo to use. I will only shoot hornaday match ammo. Right now i do NOT reload.. im thinking of getting into that next year

thanks for all your guy's help!

Re: Best twist/bullet grain for ar15 bench gun

Anything between a 7-8 twist barrel. 80gr SMK is the standard by which other match bullets are measured, but you have a ton of great bullets to choose from.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Scooter-PIE</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Anything between a 7-8 twist barrel. 80gr SMK is the standard by which other match bullets are measured, but you have a ton of great bullets to choose from.</div></div>

does anyone make an 80gr SMK bullet ready to go or is for reloading only?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: drunkhumpinmonkey</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Mike at Southwest will get you goin I'm sure. That or ChadTRG42</div></div>

got a link for southwest?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JMan</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: drunkhumpinmonkey</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Mike at Southwest will get you goin I'm sure. That or ChadTRG42</div></div>

got a link for southwest? </div></div>

http://www.southwestammunition.com/

Also is here on the 'hide- MikeSWammo