• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Best Under $1000 Rangefinder For Mixed PRS/Hunting

brentwinkey

Private
Minuteman
Jan 14, 2012
St.Cloud Minnesota
Looking for opinions on best rangefinder. Have a Leupold 2800 on order at a discount because my old rx1000 died and was offer Leupolds discount deal. Been reading possible issues with the new gen Leupolds. Don't want to spend Terrapin money tho. Leica is on my radar. Any info/opinions would be great. Thanks Brent

Attachments

• download.jpeg
    download.jpeg
    6.9 KB · Views: 34
I’ve been using the SIGKILO3000s for a year, as an RF and spotter. For the price I can’t complain. They get the job done.

edit I think the sigkilo black are slightly over a grand. They’re really close though to that 1000 mark, I found a used set on here for under a G.

I’ve been using the SIGKILO3000s for a year, as an RF and spotter. For the price I can’t complain. They get the job done.

edit I think the sigkilo black are slightly over a grand. They’re really close though to that 1000 mark, I found a used set on here for under a G.
I've actually considered them as well...2 into 1 piece of gear is definitely nice.

Reactions: JustSendit
There’s threads on the 3000bdx but short of long is I love them and think they’re probably the best for $700-800
Im really interested in a pair of binos with a milling reticle for spotting at prs matches since I can't really stand spotting with a single eye in a spotting scope but the sig 3000's are definitely tempting. I've looked thru several pair and find them better then the vortex equivalent imo

I have the leupy 2800
It’s a solid 2000 yards unit with 2300 being fairly easy and up to 2600ish in good conditions on a tripod doable.
I’d like to get something that will do 4000 but I’m a poor and units with that capability aren’t poors friendly.

Reactions: brentwinkey
I have the leupy 2800
It’s a solid 2000 yards unit with 2300 being fairly easy and up to 2600ish in good conditions on a tripod doable.
I’d like to get something that will do 4000 but I’m a poor and units with that capability aren’t poors friendly.
Seems to be holding up for you? How long have you had if you don't mind me asking? How's ranging animals deer sized? Thanks

Seems to be holding up for you? How long have you had if you don't mind me asking? How's ranging animals deer sized? Thanks
It’s been excellent so far.
About two years.
You can easily range deer and elk at shooting distances and further with a bit of a steady rest.

Im really interested in a pair of binos with a milling reticle for spotting at prs matches since I can't really stand spotting with a single eye in a spotting scope but the sig 3000's are definitely tempting. I've looked thru several pair and find them better then the vortex equivalent imo
You can’t have everything in one but if the reticle is a must I had a pair of Leupold BT-X Mil L 10x42 and they were very nice. Great glass with edge to edge clarity. Bought them used/like new on here for $300. Sold them on here for $450 and bought the 3000bdx as I can estimate MILS without the reticle.

Lieca is great 2400r if you only need distance and angle measurements.

No issues regularly ranging to 1200m and will happily do 1800m hand held.

You can’t have everything in one but if the reticle is a must I had a pair of Leupold BT-X Mil L 10x42 and they were very nice. Great glass with edge to edge clarity. Bought them used/like new on here for $300. Sold them on here for $450 and bought the 3000bdx as I can estimate MILS without the reticle.
Those are definitely on my radar. Thanks for the info