• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Best upgrades

_newshooter

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Feb 26, 2022
Texas
Like everyone else, trying to see how I can improve my rifle some more. What are the best upgrades or the most useful and bang for your buck?

I currently have:
Tikka T1x stock; Arken Sh4
Bergara B14r in bravo; Burris XTR iii

Both guns stock, only thing changed is the spring on the Tikka T1x. I also have a Bravo for the Tikka but my girlfriend likes the factory stock more.

Other upgrades I was thinking of were barrel tuners and a trigger for the B14r.

Anything else worthwhile or anyone have input on their upgrades for these guns. Let me know!

I recommend an ARCA rail for the bi-pod and other attachments, I have one on my CZ457 in ORYX chassis, it works great
LOL I had one but didn't know how to use it or have mounts for it so gave it away

Thanks for the replies. Definitely seems like triggers need to be changed or worked on.

On another note, forgot to mention the use of a tuner was to tune for CCI SV. Since its the most readily available rounds I can get. I know tuners can't make bad ammo good, but CCI SV shoots decent in both my rifles. and ALL the places in my area do not carry Sk/Lapua/Eley so that's for you to bring in and order yourself.

I wouldn't bother with a tuner. I put a TT Diamond Pro in my B14R. Great upgrade.
Is that with shooting CCI or match ammo? But yes, looking for a trigger upgrade for the Bergara. Didn't realize how heavy the trigger was

I'm obviously biased but I would take the B14R and put a L3I base, steel ARCA rail, bolt knob, extensions and universal 14rd mags. Then just practice like crazy.

Like everyone else, trying to see how I can improve my rifle some more. What are the best upgrades or the most useful and bang for your buck?

I currently have:
Tikka T1x stock; Arken Sh4
Bergara B14r in bravo; Burris XTR iii

Both guns stock, only thing changed is the spring on the Tikka T1x. I also have a Bravo for the Tikka but my girlfriend likes the factory stock more.

Other upgrades I was thinking of were barrel tuners and a trigger for the B14r.

Anything else worthwhile or anyone have input on their upgrades for these guns. Let me know!
Trigger for the B14R. I have Trigger tech Diamond in both of mt B14R's. I have been looking at a EC tuner. A friend is getting one. I am got going to let him try before I get one.

Trigger for the B14R. I have Trigger tech Diamond in both of mt B14R's. I have been looking at a EC tuner. A friend is getting one. I am got going to let him try before I get one.
Let me know of the results If you can! Really curious to see how it turns out. Feel like anything to help that one flyer in CCI SV will make a worlds difference in accuracy

If you’re planning to shoot in NRL22 or PRS22, what do the rifles balance when resting on a barricade a few inches in front of the magwell? My positional shooting improved once I got enough weight in front to balance my gun and offset the .22’s shorter and thinner barrels. I used a 14” weighted Arca rail from A-419 (the ones with the brass weights).

The A419 Arca rail is the sh!t. In addition to being able to slide my bipod front or back, I also use it to attach a D-bag or gamer plate.

If you’re planning to shoot in NRL22 or PRS22, what do the rifles balance when resting on a barricade a few inches in front of the magwell? My positional shooting improved once I got enough weight in front to balance my gun and offset the .22’s shorter and thinner barrels. I used a 14” weighted Arca rail from A-419 (the ones with the brass weights).

The A419 Arca rail is the sh!t. In addition to being able to slide my bipod front or back, I also use it to attach a D-bag or gamer plate.
4” in front of mag well if using schmedium size bag. Bag is 8”
Other bags will vary.